Totally fed up

lucylou22

Hi Jan123

I have been diabetic now for 6 yrs and like you at the begining I was first diagnoised with T2 with readings in the 20s and HB1C of 12.8 I was put metformin then gliclizied within 2 weeks but as this did not sort out the problem was put on insulin novomix 30 within 8 weeks as I have other medical issues which go against diabetes but I too have thrown a few massive hissy fits :lol: :lol: and cried tears of frustration at the injusts of this horrible illness.
But now 6 yrs on and countless blood taking and changes to medication and gaining 4 stone in weight (I think this hurt me more) as I was always on some sort of diet I think Ive finally come to terms with being diabetic Type 1 now on a basil bolus insulin that it is now a part of my life :?
I started a low carb diet in May this year and with the help and support of my family ( 2 teenage sons and a hubby at home) we are now all eating the same foods (I just don't eat the carbs they have) Im now 2 1/2 stone lighter the family are all eating healthily and I allow myself a treat once a week I've not had any hissy fits or any hypos since starting and Im a much happier :lol: and chilled out person who can now deal with the diabetes and other illness that I have.
So please look on the positive side and keep your chin up and maybe throught time you'll begin to enjoy life again get your family to support you and help make changes to your lifestyle and you will all benefit from it.
PS my last HB1C was down to 5.6 and my doc and diabetic team are delighted

Lucylou