Totally Lost Type2.

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and Welcome @Rosiek

I'll keep my advice short and sweet as you've already received enough to overwhelm.

Be gentle on yourself, it'll be easy to stress and obsess over every number on your monitor and every morsel that passes your lips. However don't. Your monitor is your best friend, it's numbers don't lie and you will see the results of the food you eat. Adjust things slowly. We are all different, for me personally I can just about enjoy my potato (although a smaller portion to what I used to eat) but I find anything that is made from grains (bread, pasta, porridge etc raises my bg a lot. I find that a good cooked breakfast (eggs, sausages etc) has a negligible effect as there's relatively no carbs to create a problem. Take care and learn you will be surprised as to what you can and cannot eat.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Rosiek and welcome to the forum. You have already received heaps of good advice and probably too much to take in at once so I am sure you are overwhelmed. So I will reinforce just one thing at this stage. Use your monitor and post results on here to get feedback. You will be fine and you are a winner already as you have found this site which has been incredible for me