tough as old boots

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
morning all
need to worry yes .
thurs /friday morning blood sugars thursday b/s 19.00 friday 11.9 also woke up at 3-30 am 16.9 bolus 3.6
now what the hell is going on saturday cannott contact hospital as clinic do not work on sats phone the pump help line
cannott help a lot .
but they can tell me what to cheak on pump settings .
.now i try free style libre out of date but worth a go sensor that is
so i check my blood sugar meters i have 2 one say s 6.4 the other says 7.0 free style 4.6 same spot of blood
also change needle site so busy doing some diy work to keep busy has been to cold of late to work outside asi am a kidney transplant lucky person but i do not like the cold now
now to day , after alter time blocks to 15 grams to 1 unit to 13 grams to 1 unit and basel from 12 midnight to 8 from .45 to .48 at last th eday blood glucose is under 10 and the night average of 8.5
the breakfast blood sugars are 7.6 hurrah it that old needle problem my skin is tough and has been used for ovet sixty years of needle ..think they call it scare tissue ...***** me i call old BOOTS so what i call a bleesing i can relax and not worry and get back to DIY and life
from the old timer vic 60 years on insulin

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@vic hill . Glad to hear you've got it all sorted.
Next option will be 6" nails for you :banghead::banghead::banghead: to get the **** insulin in.
Enjoy the DIY and life.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Very stressful and these things do wait until weekends. I always change the set if blood sugars are high (and I haven't been on the chocolate). Plan C is to go old school and give myself a jab. After 60 years you probably do have a few bits of scar tissue etc to avoid or jab through but glad you sorted it all out.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@vic hill well done on 60 yrs, you have 12 yrs on me.
Just recently I've found that I've had to change from 6mm cannulas to 8mm and 10mm around my waist possibly for similar reasons to you. Still use 6mm in my arms.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Very stressful and these things do wait until weekends. I always change the set if blood sugars are high (and I haven't been on the chocolate). Plan C is to go old school and give myself a jab. After 60 years you probably do have a few bits of scar tissue etc to avoid or jab through but glad you sorted it all out.
yes agree on all points still forget some time sto wash hands before bllod test s also agrre that any high blood sugars change needles anthing that needs 5 units out come the JAB KIT AND REMBER TO BE FIRM AND FAST THANKS vic

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@vic hill . Glad to hear you've got it all sorted.
Next option will be 6" nails for you :banghead::banghead::banghead: to get the **** insulin in.
Enjoy the DIY and life.
i do not know about six inch nails nail gun workd be better thank s have a steady one over the holiday thanks vic

Reactions: Chas C

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
thanks for reply yes any signs of over the top blood sugars and it is a change of sites doing ok at moment have a sensor on arm great thing to be able to check . but costly but what the heck more freedom but must say what is on the next marvels of invention vic

Reactions: Chas C