Tough Day

Sking89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a tough day today...roller coaster blood sugars....

I know tomorrow is a new day, but that would seem so much more hopeful if I could sleep instead of waiting for my blood sugars to correct themselves...

I know we all have tough days and wish we could forget about diabetes for just five minutes, and it will all seem better tomorrow...but for now...this SUCKS!!! I am sick of it and just want a break!

That is all. Sorry for the depressive post! I just needed to express it somewhere!!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @Sking89
you are soooooooooooooo not alone feeling like that.

I often wish I could just have a day , or a week without having to do the constant thinking we do.

it isn't depressive -- realistic is more an appropriate term

a big hug [[[[[[[[[[[[[[hug]]]]]]]]]]]]] from me :)

Reactions: 2 people

Mels30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I'm sure you will feel better after a good night's sleep. I have often had roller coaster blood sugars and go to sleep with readings of 20+ but woken up with a "normal" reading of 5 , and felt much better. Big hug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Roller coaster ruin the whole day. Been there done that too often. Nothing more appealing than going to bed to get the day over with.

Realistic is the word for how you feel. This gets so old some days. You are NOT alone. Tomorrow is a new day. One day at a time. Sometimes it's just the day, nothing you did. Hard to accept that though. This is a beastly disease no doubt

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know that feeling so well :(. Hope today is a better day for you :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Sking89 Hope you're feeling better today ?

We all have days like this, you are certainly not alone, it's finding ways to cope and manage better. Don't beat yourself up over the roller coaster effect, they come and go, it's just being aware and knowing what steps to take to manage them, but not getting wound up about them. It's good to talk about it when you do feel like your fighting a battle so hope today is a much better day ;)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Sking89, I am Type 2 and yes you are not alone I get days when I wish I could just go out and eat like I used too. But the thought of that frightens me now as I know I feel a lot better in myself and as for the weight loss I never want to gain that weight again. I am getting used to it all now, I don't stress about food as I used to do, and I want to live the rest of my life being as happy as I can, I have had so much stress and grief over the years then this diabetes on top of it, I had to put everything in perspective and take a step back. The help, advice and support of this site and all the friendly people on here keeps me going. Taake care of yourself and you will be fine stick with us . :):)

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
You are NOT alone. Tomorrow is a new day. One day at a time. Sometimes it's just the day, nothing you did. Hard to accept that though. This is a beastly disease no doubt
I find planning ahead for the day's events & meals helps, as with other things in your life. If knowing you're going to exercise at some point, you can not take so much insulin for the meal prior to exercising or if not more insulin for carbs, if you're going to sit, not do much for the rest of the day etc.
It helps plan the day's events around appointments, time needed to yourself or family/friends etc. If doing something regularly, then work on that to see what works for you with meds/insulin etc.
Sure you'll get things sorted, just hang on in there & seek advice from others or ask further questions in here!!
Brad

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no issues now as far as insulin and meals go. I keep them consistant every day and found my dose. Parties etc are a challenge but I muddle through.
I don't exercise anymore because it sky rockets me but I stay active. I'm not ready to play the hypo hyper insulin game with insulin.

The whole disease gets old sometimes but I guess everyday was not a great day before either. Happy to be alive.