Toujeo

gedjarvis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm currently taking 200 units of Toujeo at night and still my morning sugars are high.
Does anyone have any info about people not being able to accept Toujeo as part of their diabetes treatment?

Reactions: Davidden

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'm currently taking 200 units of Toujeo at night and still my morning sugars are high.
Does anyone have any info about people not being able to accept Toujeo as part of their diabetes treatment?
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Insulin resistance cause some (many?) T2s to need a lot of insulin. Could this be your issue rather than the toujeo ?

What do your diabetic team say? Are you on a fast acting insulin as well as the toujeo?

Davidden

I have been on Toujeo since starting with insulin in 2020, and am currently on 44 units at night - but my sugars are still not really under control, though not alarmingly high. I am not an expert on glucose management, but how are your sugars during the day? There is a "condition" called The Dawn Phenomenon where morning reading are higher than expected due to the body producing additional sugars during the period before dawn. I would talk to your diabetic clinic and see what they think - but for me Toujeo is all I know!