1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Travel insurance for pregnant Type 1

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Abi W, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Abi W

Abi W · Member

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any recommendations for travel insurance to cover a pregnant (22wks) diabetic (Type 1)? We're going away in 10 days time.

I gather that getting an insurer to cover you if you're pregnant is hard enough (and I know it's a pain trying to get travel insurance as a type 1), so any suggestions from women in this situation who've managed to get a decent policy would be very welcome.

Thanks!
    Abi

2. Saintleonard

Saintleonard · Member

Hi I am a newly diagnosed type 1
    We are going on a cruise in September and I got travel insurance from insure and go. Very reasonable price £58 and covers both of us with declared medical cover , although I am not pregnant (wrong sex) I can't see that as being a problem as I also work for an insurance company.i hope you have a great time in holiday.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

3. s230787

s230787 · Well-Known Member

Try Virgin Travel - I got it for £9.95 each with addition T1 cover for 0.95p (they cover up to 35 weeks as standard) :D

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

4. Abi W

Abi W · Member

Hi both

Just wanted to say thank you very much for your recommendations - I ended up going with Virgin, but their insurance is through Insure & Go anyway! Your tips saved me an afternoon of ringing around and I'm really grateful. Now, bring on those hols!

Best wishes,
    Abi

5. s230787

s230787 · Well-Known Member

6. LettyLocke

LettyLocke · Newbie

Virgin is really great. I during last summer was pregnant and needed the travel insurance, searched many insurance companies but found it very hard to get the deal done (given my condition), but then I consulted an insurance lawyer at Auckland and then he suggested me to go for Virgin and that was the final deal breaker. A single expert advice can for sure save your day. Enjoy your travel and have a good time there.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook