Trembling !!!

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on your weight loss and quick control of your sugar levels. :) Although if you are getting that trembling feeling, always test on your meter to see what your blood sugar is doing... not a good idea to not check. If your sugar is in normal range, then you've obviously had sufficient energy intake with your diet.... if not, then your diet would likely need adjusting. For me trembling/shaking is usually one of my first signs of a hypo. I also have other health issues that cause fatigue. I have problems with iron too because I don't absorb it, so my ferritin level keeps falling too low. I have to get iron infusions every couple of years or so. I'm feeling exhausted at the moment, and it's possible I'm due another infusion since my last one was May 2013... I'm waiting for test result.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am very newly pre diabetic at 47mmol. I cannot lose any weight despite being on metformin and cutting all sugar out and exercising hard. How can you live on so little food? I only eat when i am truly hungry and cutting down too much just makes me feel really ill.

Sounds like you might be a little too tough on yourself - it could be that you are not eating ENOUGH calories! There was something on the X-PERT course that explained if you are exercising hard but not having enough calories, your body will burn from the wrong place (ie. muscles rather than body fat) or something along those lines (can't remember exactly). Try having a few nuts - they are high in fat but good for energy. :)

Reactions: 3 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After posting for the first time several weeks ago after being diagnosed type 2 and straight on Meds
As my Habc1 was 69, I'm glad to say that I totally transformed my diet ,i have lost 2 stones, my Doc is
Now happy for me to not start Metformin ( habc1 showing at 53 last blood test) with a re test in Jan ,
So all good there,....but I have had extreme tiredness sleeping in until 11 am ,I also remember waking
At some point and had a strange feeling of what I can only describe as a internal trembling feeling,
It didn't last for long and I must of fell asleep straight after, also had really strange vivid dreams the past 2
Nights one dream involving snipers on a roof top.....ha ha , strange I know !!!!! Is it possible any of this
Is to do with my diabetes , must add I'm being checked out for anemia which I know causes tiredness .

Hi Cupcake, I have very strange dreams too. I have been T2 since Sep 2014. Personally I think it is something to due with lack of control - my bloods are really high at the moment due to a recent illness and I cannot get them down no matter how good I am. Doc says I have to stop testing so often, be patient and let them settle but it's very frustrating.

LolPer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Cupcake. I was diagnosed with T2 in Sept having volunteered for a pre-diabetes research trial. My HbA1c was 49 and FBS 7.6 with none of the usual symptoms. Luckily for me I found this Forum immediately and the information provided by members has been invaluable to me. I followed their advice and read a few books (The Diabetes Miracle was easy to understand) and started a Low Carb diet immediately. It was difficult at first as for 6 weeks I ate almost no carbs but found I needed to eat more fat as I was feeling unwell as if I was having a hypo. I wasn't as my blood sugars were OK and I now believe this was due to my body reacting to the lower than usual blood sugars. After a week or so it all settled down.

Six weeks later I am 12lbs lighter and my BMI is below 30 for the first time in over 10 years. I have more energy and exercise an hour almost every day (fast walking or Zumba). I don't feel hungry and no longer crave carbs. I have recently introduced some carbs into my diet (max 20 g per meal) and reduced some of my fat intake. I don't eat pasta, potatoes or rice in any form but I do have the occasional small slice of granary bread. I am happy to give you an idea of my meals if you want. I cook normally for the rest of the family and prepare an extra dish or two for me. I also treat myself to one or two squares of 85 percent cocoa chocolate occasionally and don't seem to suffer as a result.
I am now on statins and Metformin but given the progress made to date, I hope to come off both of these within 6-12 months.

Whilst tough at first and I did shed a few tears (and felt resentment against my family as they can eat anything), it is much easier now. You can do it too but you need to get your mind in the right place. This process is life changing and you don't need to develop full blown diabetes if you take control now. The people using this Forum are highly supportive and offer very good advice (better than some Professionals in my view). The NHS policy is to recommend low fat diets. I've tried this and many others and still put on weight.

Good luck, you can do it and it does get easier.
Lorraine

Reactions: 4 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had some strange sensations like internal shivering or trembling some years ago. Apparently it can be a sign of low thyroid. Since starting on thyroid hormones it's gone.

Brock04

I am very newly pre diabetic at 47mmol. I cannot lose any weight despite being on metformin and cutting all sugar out and exercising hard. How can you live on so little food? I only eat when i am truly hungry and cutting down too much just makes me feel really ill.