Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The feedback is good on the forum, always forget which members use Tresiba but know that @robert72 does, hopefully he'll see the tag and reply.

Reactions: susan96

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I was on it for a few months prior to getting my pump, I found it alot better at keeping the BS flat than Lantus and levemir and alot less hypos

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no other basal experience to compare it to but I've been on it since my diagnosis 8 months ago and I have had no issues with it and it works well for me x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Not so good for me with vast dawn and waking phenomenon.
Still have to wake at 4am for a pre waking jab of Insulatard (yes, on two basals). Still have to give another bolus before getting up. Still have some rises that it doesnt cope with during 24 hours as well.

May be going back at some time to my 3 shots of insulatard..

3rd attempt with tresiba... lots of juggling variations to try and get levels improved but even tge tertiary care hospital are struggling (in my eyes) and today have said I can go back to insulatard x 3 if I want to.

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I swapped from Levemir to Tresiba and have found it keeps me a lot steadier, plus it meant changing from twice daily basal injections to just the one.

But as @donnellysdogs shows, we're all different so I'd say try it and if you find it's not working for you insist on changing back, or trying something else.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I switched about two weeks ago from Lantus and love the Tresiba! It doesnt't sting like Lantus and my Libre gives a perfect flat line during the night (well, as long as I leave the dorito's alone before bed. Haven't figured out a way to bolus for them, they make my sugars go up real slow during the night :( ) As the Tresiba is twice as strong I only need to inject half the amount :) But the best part is that I'm not afraid of my basal insulin anymore. Lantus has given me the scariest hypo ever, wich shouldn't be possible with Tresiba.

Lyndseyx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I
Hey just looking for any advice just been told that they are going to move me on to tresiba from lantus has it worked for anyone ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
was on Lantus for numerous years....changed to Tresiba approximately 6 months ago! Much better....less hypo's, especiallyduring the night.
Hey just looking for any advice just been told that they are going to move me on to tresiba from lantus has it worked for anyone ?

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like many who have posted I switched from lantus to tresiba and I see a steady libre line throughout the day. I've reduced how much I need too. 1 injection daily instead of 2 lantus shots covers me for 24 hours, unlike lantus.

Reactions: noblehead

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I have to move from Levemir to Tresiba but I did have lantus then it got changed into Levemir. I haven't tried Tresiba yet as been told to wait by the DSN. I need help as well.

abigail0432

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got swapped from lantus to tresiba and honestly I would never use lantus again. The tresiba has as far as I'm aware stopped my hypos during the night/ and the fits I used to have, and has also improved my levels during the day. I still spike at certain times but if I do carb free for a day they barely change.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
My wife moved on to Tresiba from Levemir. Hypos and Hypers at night have reduced a little after almost a year on it. Still tweaking the number of units with it as we think her blood sugars change quite a lot depending on where she is with her menstrual cycle.