Tresiba

Lyndaye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I've recently changed from Insulatard to Tresiba. I was on Insulatard for ages but was having a lot of lows early morning and then was going high even without eating. I was advised to take the same number of units of Tresiba as I was taking of insulatard but I find I'm having a lot of lows throughout the day. Has anyone else come across this? Think I need to try a few units less tonight and see how it goes.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I don't know how long you've been on Tresiba, but I'd give it a few days to settle before changing doses or change the time you take it. I was hypoing a lot when I first changed it, it went from taking it at night to taking it at afternoon and after a few weeks of experimenting, I also reduced the doses slowly - giving it a 4 day window to settle.

Reactions: Lyndaye

Lyndaye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been taking it since Tuesday. I'm on 25 units, reduced it to 24 last night but still having a lot of lows today. Think I'll try 22 tonight and see how that goes.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been taking it since Tuesday. I'm on 25 units, reduced it to 24 last night but still having a lot of lows today. Think I'll try 22 tonight and see how that goes.
Do remember that Tresiba lasts longer than the other long-acting insulins and so you'd need a couple of days to see the difference if you change the dosage (least I think thats what I was told) - when I was working out how much I needed when I changed I also left about 3 or 4 days between changes so I could see the changes