Type 1 Trouble raising BG

EmmaLG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,
I woke up really low today (2.8) and throughout the day have struggled to maintain a good level despite a) not injecting any insulin and b) eating loads - I had porridge and fruit for breakfast, jacket potato for lunch, yoghurt fruit and choc buttons for snacks - all this with no insulin and I am constantly hypoing. I’m fluctuating between 3-4.5 mostly. Any advice would be appreciated :) x

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi All,
I woke up really low today (2.8) and throughout the day have struggled to maintain a good level despite a) not injecting any insulin and b) eating loads - I had porridge and fruit for breakfast, jacket potato for lunch, yoghurt fruit and choc buttons for snacks - all this with no insulin and I am constantly hypoing. I’m fluctuating between 3-4.5 mostly. Any advice would be appreciated :) x

Hi and welcome to forums.

Are you newly diagnosed or just new here?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Do you know if you're still in your honeymoon period? What kind of regime are you on? If a basal/bolus it sounds like you may need to reduce your basal for a day or so.

Is there any chance you accidentally overdid your basal last night (eg injected it twice?)