Troubles with LCHF

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It is a wise move to give up the diet coke considering what so called sweeteners they use, also the lack of caffeine your having will help you sleep better.
I think the LCHF diet can include certain types of alcohol in moderation. ( a glass of red wine maybe )
All I am saying is don't punish your self to much.
Also are you having sparkling water ( I believe Douglas99 gets everyday value from Tesco's which sounds a great deal ).100% safer than coke.

I do have sparkling water with a slice of citrus fruit, but am thinking of trying tesco's red berries tea with sparkling water. I only like red wine in bolognese that my mum cooks to perfection, but I do like whisky:) and I'm not giving up alcohol completely, its just that I need to save money.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just fallen of the LCHF wagon again by indulging on a italian bmt sub at subway :(. I feel like doing this to myself :banghead::banghead::banghead: as I really want to stick to the diet, but i'm finding it extremely difficult to give up carbs as everywhere I go I see carbs and more carbs. Even when I go to uni, the first thing that I smell and see is a pastry stall opening up or a pancake stall and the smell is so intense that it travels throughout the whole uni and now they have just introduced a subway as well as costa coffee and starbucks.

All is not lost though, as with regards to my diet coke addiction, I have had only one 250ml can in 6 days :happy: and decided last night to reward myself with a Long Island Iced Tea and another one;). I've also tried adding double cream to decaf coffee as I want to limit my intake of water to around 3 litres a day by next friday. Is whisky is ok to drink on a LCHF as I would like to transfer from drinking lager to drinking spirits and what would you say would be an ideal egg consumption as I really love eggs and have expressed my love for eggs when I got asked 'if you could only pick one food to survive on which would it be.'

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Might be a good Idea,that when you pass those subway places, just think "red wine in bolognese that my mum cooks to perfection," then walk on.
Whatever you do, just take care and don't forget your brain needs help at University.10 foods to boost your brainpower | BBC Good Food
Not to sure what LCHF recommends for brain power, quite a lot I would think.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just fallen of the LCHF wagon again by indulging on a italian bmt sub at subway :(. I feel like doing this to myself :banghead::banghead::banghead: as I really want to stick to the diet, but i'm finding it extremely difficult to give up carbs as everywhere I go I see carbs and more carbs. Even when I go to uni, the first thing that I smell and see is a pastry stall opening up or a pancake stall and the smell is so intense that it travels throughout the whole uni and now they have just introduced a subway as well as costa coffee and starbucks.

All is not lost though, as with regards to my diet coke addiction, I have had only one 250ml can in 6 days :happy: and decided last night to reward myself with a Long Island Iced Tea and another one;). I've also tried adding double cream to decaf coffee as I want to limit my intake of water to around 3 litres a day by next friday. Is whisky is ok to drink on a LCHF as I would like to transfer from drinking lager to drinking spirits and what would you say would be an ideal egg consumption as I really love eggs and have expressed my love for eggs when I got asked 'if you could only pick one food to survive on which would it be.'

Why do you want to limit your water consumption?

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables

I would think a whisky or 2 a day would be fine. As for eggs, I eat 3 a day. :chicken: In my opinion I wouldn't have a problem eating more.

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty staying on the wagon. Personally, I manage it by measuring my blood sugar after eating a carby meal. Seeing the massive rise gets me back on track.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!

It happens. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going. I have 2 eggs a day for brekkie. Eggs are fine. So is whisky. Wine in moderation. If you fancy carbs, go and have some cheese or a handful of nuts. I cook everything from scratch now and cook with garlic butter. Sometimes I cut off shavings and eat it as I cook. Ditch the lager - liquid bread! Cheese and peanuts are my go to snacks. Just eaten a chunk of cambozola! Yum! You'll get there!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Eggs are awesome as are subway, their salads are terrific value, you gets loads and can choose your meats and cheeses, just swerve the bread

Good luck, one foot in front of the other

Reactions: 5 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs are awesome as are subway, their salads are terrific value, you gets loads and can choose your meats and cheeses, just swerve the bread

Good luck, one foot in front of the other
I know it a bit silly but how do they serve a subway sandwich without the bread.:)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

don't do low carb and low fat
are you getting enough fats? google: fat bombs
not enough fat will drive you to carbs

is your carb intake below your sensitivity level? google : low carb sensitivity level
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/carblevel.htm

I had bad carb cravings and had to go cold turkey, I cut all grain, grain product, starch veg, corn, fruit and sugary stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought that salt is bad for blood pressure so I've stayed away from it, plus i believed that 5 litres of water was good. I do admit that I gulp instead of just sipping and that is why I drink so much water and other beverages.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1311889
upload_2014-11-13_8-15-37.png

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@akindrat18 excessive thirst can be a symptom of other stuff, I'd tell the Dr next time you see him, he can do some bloods to check