lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Hi all,

Well, since coming off Jardiance my levels have been sky high constantly. It's been a week.

Levels are currently 19mmol.

I'm trying to do keto, currently at the 25-50g of carbs mark.

My dsn said she wants to introduce trulicity, a once weekly injection. I'm definitely continuing with keto, so I'm just wondering if people have any experience with this?

If I knew these high levels were temporary, I'd hold off on trulicity, but I am just fed up. I've also gained 4lbs since coming off jardiance in a week!

Thanks

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use trulicity and find it controls blood sugar well when I am eating carbs. I also use intermittent and extended fasting, and more recently I'm attempting keto. In addition to trulicity I take metformin and januvia.

I personally welcomed the appetite reducing side effect of trulicity but some find it difficult.

I have no problems with blood sugar going too low, despite still usually taking all three medications. It is something you'd best discuss with a health care professional when starting trulicity - especially if you're also making some changes to diet.

Good luck with what you choose!

Reactions: lcarter

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Well, since coming off Jardiance my levels have been sky high constantly. It's been a week.

My dsn said she wants to introduce trulicity, a once weekly injection. I'm definitely continuing with keto, so I'm just wondering if people have any experience with this?

If I knew these high levels were temporary, I'd hold off on trulicity, but I am just fed up. I've also gained 4lbs since coming off jardiance in a week!

Thanks

Lcarter, I think @woollygal uses Trulicity, or a drug I never this class.

Woolly also, forgive me if I got that wrong.

Marval81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,
Hi all,

Thanks
I have Type 2 and I am obese. I have been on Trulicity since the autumn 19, apart from a 2 week holiday from it recently. I had pretty well controlled blood glucose levels before but a locum put me on the Trulicity as a weight loss aid. My GP was a bit surprised but ran with it.
I suffer with IBS so the first few weeks with Trulicity were very unpleasant/
I began low carb eating in January. I have lost nearly 1.5 stones. It has been exceedingly easy. I fast quite often as I am rarely hungry.
I stopped taking it for a couple of weeks but my constant hunger returned. Going back on was uneventful.
My bloods are now reading as normal/..lower than my OH. IBS has gone. Kidneys working more efficiently/
Magic!

Thanks