Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
Does anyone use this?

Does it use the same tips as the ones you can use
for novorapid reusable pen device for cartridges?
I see that it says it uses a different device for the cartridges
but are the needle tips the same?

I may be switched to this insulin so need more information.
My pharmacy seemed unable to do so.

And does it work as well?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
I see that it says it uses a different device for the cartridges
but are the needle tips the same?
Can't promise this 100% because I've never used trurapi but I would certainly expect so (99.999% certain). The insulin manufacturers may have different pens, but they use the same needles

I use two different insulins and the pens look exactly the same to me,( though they are in fact slightly different). They all take the same needles (which you can get with varying needle lengths).

And does it work as wel

It looks like it's a biosimilar replacement for novorapid so will be a bit cheaper for the Canadian government.

To be honest, aside from the different pen, I would expect it to work exactly the same as the novorapid. (Disclaimer I haven't used it or novorapid, but biosimilar replacements are supposed to work the same as the insulin they replace).

Reactions: cdpm

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I switched from Novarapid to Trurapi because the provincial insurance only covers Trurapi for fast-acting. I haven't encountered any problems and use the same amount I would have for Novarapid. The cartridges look a bit different but the needle nibs are the same for both.

Reactions: cdpm and EllieM