Trust me I'm a doctor. Now on BBC 2.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Just tuned into this and it is very interesting.

Not exactly Diabetes related but very close.....

On BBC 2 now. 2nd of 4.Will put up extra links later.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Well,its also about Statins....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tonights episode was very interesting. Especially the part about statins...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_2/

The series that cuts through the confusing adverts, headlines and health advice to provide information you need to live healthily. Are vitamin pills money down the loo? Should we all be signing up to private health checks? Will antibiotics cure back pain? And does getting cold make you catch one?

Michael Mosley and the team of doctors are in Chester to test an extraordinary idea, that simply standing up more could transform our health. Gabriel Weston witnesses surgical history as she attends a womb transplant, Saleyha Ahsan demonstrates how to stop someone choking and Michael asks if he should be taking statins.

Here is episode 1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... Episode_1/

Going behind the headlines to give you the definitive answers to your health questions. Can you be fat and fit? Could you improve your health by staying in bed longer? Should we all be taking an Aspirin pill to help us live longer? Michael Mosley is joined by a team of doctors who use their expertise to get to the bottom all those health claims.

Dr Chris van Tulleken examines what diseases lurk on Britain's hands; Dr Saleyha Ahsan has some simple tips that could allow you to save a life; and surgeon Gabriel Weston witnesses brain surgery without a knife.

I like Michael Mosely...

There are 4 episodes in all. Will post up links as they are aired.

Both episodes available 'til the 31st October.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I liked them showing CGM last night and was interesting to see the standing vs sitting BG

sugartoohigh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Potatoes & rice, so no problem there then :)
I started the 5-2 diet at the start of the year after watch Mosely's program on the subject.I like his style,but since I've been told I've got type 2 I wondering if its was the 5-2 that started the weight lose.Through the standing up in your office advice seems to be a good idea if not very practical for all offices.