1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Trust Me I'm a Doctor programme - omega 3 fish supplements

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by carina62, Feb 27, 2017.

1. midnightrider

midnightrider Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Plant omega-3 is different, but is converted in the body, to the same form as found in fish. However there is some debate about how effectively this conversion takes place, you can find a wide variation in possible results.
    So, basically, fish better, plant maybe okay.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sarah69

Sarah69 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I use omega fish oil daily but not because of diabetic reasons. I had a hip replacement due to osteoarthritis in 2012 and my doctor said that omega fish oil is the best thing to take to keep everything in working order. I havent felt any benefit in taking them.

3. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

I take every other day 1 Multibionta complete multivitamin with Biotic Cultures and Minerals made by MERCK and bought in Boots Chemist on a 3 for price of 2 offer.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook