Trust me

tizzy

I have been on levimir and novo rapid for some time now and initially disappointed with control and felt the levimir was running out plus had to eat and inject novo quite soon after getting up as bgs rising however read leaflet and saw it shouldn't be stored in fridge once in use doh since it hasn't been in fridge bgs so much better is it coincidence or would this be right also can you have tests for types of diabetes once on insulin many thanks tizzy

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, don't store in the fridge after starting the cartridge. I did read once that you can still do a c-peptide test even when on synthetic insulin but that fact may need checking. I'm not sure about GAD

jaade88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Iam on novo rapid and levemir and I had the same control problem with levemir. What the diabetic nurse done was split my levemir injection into 2 so one at night and one in the morning and it has helped my control greatly :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

tizzy

Thank you for your reply I mentioned this to the nurse but she discounted it like she does everything else I've asked for help with however since its not been in fridge wether coincidence it has worked a lot better