trying to lose weight.

whitecrane10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My bloods are through the roof. And I need to loose weight tried all the diets but they just don't work. I would like to exercise but I have neuropathy in both my fingers and feet. Any ideas would be grateful. Thanks

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think most of us would agree that it's best to get your blood sugar under control first before making any big changes to your nutrition and/or exercise approach. It can be really frustrating trying to change too much up at once.

Can you talk a little bit about your current approach and when you're seeing highs? Do you carb count?

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @whitecrane10 :)

I agree with @TorqPenderloin that it would be better to get control of your blood sugar first. Once you've done that, you'll be at a more realistic starting point. You can then look at your diet and see if there are any changes you can make to help with losing weight.

You might also want to look at the long Neuropathy thread here where others detail their experiences and things that helped. There are some supplements recommended there, and also tips about blood sugar control. It might be worth a read.

KazV1

Well as you probably know, you cant lose fat when insulin levels are high. So you may want to try a low carb diet for a while, supplement with chromium and alpha lipoic acid, which increase insulin sensitivity. Youre going to have to lower your insulin requirements, which means lower your carb intake.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Do you have use of your legs? If so then get on you tube and walk with Leslie Sansome. She's very good there are other walking bids too well worth a look. Start small and do a few minutes at a time.