1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Tv Series and movies

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LiamC93, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

2. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

Netflix it seems are discontinuing support for the "older" smart TV's we've had ours only a year or so but is must be considered as old as we can no longer connect to our Netflix account with it a bit galling as we just paid our subscription the other day.

And Judith wanted to watch The Crown.

3. JohnEGreen

I like New Amsterdam which is on Amazon Prime Video.

4. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

@JohnEGreen Netflix is going strong on all of our three smart tv's, they range in age between six years down to two.

Or, as a workaround put the Netflix app on your smart phone, and stream it via wifi and a Google Chromecast plugged in to a hdmi port on the tv.

https://store.google.com/gb/product/chromecast

5. JohnEGreen

In fact it's not supposed to happen till 1st of December so there may be another fault or glitch in the system doesn't matter too much now as I have the whole series on my computer and I have a solid state disk that the tv can read.
    So it's sorted.

6. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

There are some interesting reads about the reason why, that smelly drm raises it's ugly head again..

I have a 12 year old dumb Samsung 32" tv that I pensioned off as a tv and now use it as a computer monitor, that I watched Netflix through a Fetch box.

7. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Interesting episode three of "The Crown" dealing with the Aberfan sl.ag heap tragedy where 144 people died including 116 children died.

I remember that happening at the time but over the past fifty years we had basically forgotten it as it does not get mentioned verry much here.

Edit: Strange how a mining term gets into the profanity filter list. :meh:

#167 Tipetoo, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:00 PM
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  8. Lulu9101112

Lulu9101112 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Doctor who’s series 12 trailer is out can’t wait apparently it stars on New Year’s Day

Looks great

9. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wasnt that fussed on last season of DW. It's nothing to do with the Doctor being a woman but I just dont feel any affinity with the show this last season. I'm not too fussed on the new season coming either.

My hubby is a huge DW fan - has all the old series, and then the ones from Chris Eccleston onwards. He hasnt bought the Jodie Whittaker one from last season, he chooses to wait until it is on a really reduced price. He watched a few of the episodes with me, wasnt impressed so deleted them apart from the last one which I'm sure we will watch before the new season. He's rather unimpressed I have to say and blames the writers. I think he is stuck in the Russell T Davies era lol

I hope you enjoy the new season

10. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I watched the first couple of episodes of the new female Doctor after coming off a epic binge of watching from whoa to go of the twelve series on Netflix

Seeing the new doctor after Peter Capaldi as the last male Doctor did not do a great lot for me, as for the companions... :wtf:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook