1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Two Conscucutive Libre Sensors Not Running Rght

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by O_DP_T1, Jun 27, 2018.

1. O_DP_T1

O_DP_T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Guys I've been on the libre fr about 2 years now and the odd one plays up but last week but the last one has been waaaaaay out 16 when it figure tested it was a 7 always 3mml above a figure prick even if BGL is in range ans stable etc, so yesterday I too that one off a week early and swapped for a new one and again it's similar 3-4mml out in regular BGL readings, the one thing I did notice is that when the last two went in there was a slight tug whilst pulling away the applicator which never really happened before on the reliable ones/ May be a defective batch? They are both still date.

2. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

I have just had a Libre fail (only the 2nd one I have worn) on me so contacted Abbotts and they are replacing it

I was told that they are not as acurate as finger pricks as they lag behind the bloods by 5-10 minutes, guess it is because they are not directily in to the blood stream, so I would expect the Libre to be out. from the bloods

Guess, phone their support and ask about it see if they do have defective batches.

3. O_DP_T1

O_DP_T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Was just about to do that, thing is it's pain because it's knocks all the tine in target figures etc out which really annoys me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

It is quite possibly a defective batch but regardless they will replace any faulty/defective sensors, their customer service team is excellent at replacing, it's an inconvenience but will get sorted.

5. KateMeg

KateMeg Type 1 · Member

I've had two faulty ones in a row too! So annoying. I hate seeing my average readings being so much higher even though though I know it's not the case. Abbott are brilliant at replacing dodgy ones though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just had a dodgy sensor replaced. Reported it Thursday, new one arrived Monday. That is a huge improvement on their usual replacement delivery times. Always have a spare one anyway and my chemist has them on the shelf.
    However decided to take a break as 6 months in I have definitely started with an allergy. The itching is horrendous! The marks after are still there from 2 months ago. Not a good look for summer clothing. Funny thing is I have been so much more relaxed about eating and testing using just my BGM. And ironically my control seems better. There is no obsession to keep that line straight.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook