Two Conscucutive Libre Sensors Not Running Rght

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Guys I've been on the libre fr about 2 years now and the odd one plays up but last week but the last one has been waaaaaay out 16 when it figure tested it was a 7 always 3mml above a figure prick even if BGL is in range ans stable etc, so yesterday I too that one off a week early and swapped for a new one and again it's similar 3-4mml out in regular BGL readings, the one thing I did notice is that when the last two went in there was a slight tug whilst pulling away the applicator which never really happened before on the reliable ones/ May be a defective batch? They are both still date.

K

Knikki

I have just had a Libre fail (only the 2nd one I have worn) on me so contacted Abbotts and they are replacing it

I was told that they are not as acurate as finger pricks as they lag behind the bloods by 5-10 minutes, guess it is because they are not directily in to the blood stream, so I would expect the Libre to be out. from the bloods

Guess, phone their support and ask about it see if they do have defective batches.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It is quite possibly a defective batch but regardless they will replace any faulty/defective sensors, their customer service team is excellent at replacing, it's an inconvenience but will get sorted.

KateMeg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had two faulty ones in a row too! So annoying. I hate seeing my average readings being so much higher even though though I know it's not the case. Abbott are brilliant at replacing dodgy ones though.

Reactions: gemma_T1

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a dodgy sensor replaced. Reported it Thursday, new one arrived Monday. That is a huge improvement on their usual replacement delivery times. Always have a spare one anyway and my chemist has them on the shelf.
However decided to take a break as 6 months in I have definitely started with an allergy. The itching is horrendous! The marks after are still there from 2 months ago. Not a good look for summer clothing. Funny thing is I have been so much more relaxed about eating and testing using just my BGM. And ironically my control seems better. There is no obsession to keep that line straight.