Two weeks until tests

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Mid September is my next appointment. Doc added a lipid panel. Should I lay off the coconut oil? Or just continue on and let it be? I had a lipid panel at diagnosis and it was normal, I had been on keto for about a month at that point. Is it about passing or testing my actual lifestyle? Lol

been working super hard, 2, 30 minute walks a day, 5x days at the gym, some swimming. Been eating well. Hope my a1c is still in range.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid September is my next appointment. Doc added a lipid panel. Should I lay off the coconut oil? Or just continue on and let it be? I had a lipid panel at diagnosis and it was normal, I had been on keto for about a month at that point. Is it about passing or testing my actual lifestyle? Lol

been working super hard, 2, 30 minute walks a day, 5x days at the gym, some swimming. Been eating well. Hope my a1c is still in range.
As long as you have a fasting test the lipids should be accurate.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

Keep doing what you're doing... :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

What's the point of amending your diet for your test? What do you learn from that?

If your lipids aren't as you might expect, then you can consider your options, depending on the findings, but changing things jut potentially confuses things, in my view.

Surely, we have tests to find out where we are and how we're doing? For me, it's not about a competition, so my reality is more important that something I can fudge for point scoring..

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Thanks all, I’ve grown fond of my coffee and coconut cream. Since it’s part of my life routine, I should test for it.