Type 1 and the menopause

zippy100h

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi ladies I really need some help. My BMs are all over the place, hypos are being a mare. This has all happened since starting the menopause.
I have started a dual HRT. I just need some advice on how to keep on top of this. I live on a insulin pump too.
Have any of you beautiful ladies had the same struggles and how did you cope.
It's one hell of a bloody minefield

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @zippy100h I am in the same boat but not on HRT so just managing the highs as and when they hit with bolus corrections, apart from that I don't have any other useful advice, it's not easy waters to navigate, but just have to take it day by day, it doesn't help as getting night flushes which are waking me up too, and I love my sleep !

Reactions: EJTC

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too. Wake up hot in the night and unless I do a scan I’m sometimes wondering if it’s a low or a hot sweat. I often have to correct too. I’ve spoken to my GP who just shrugged and gave me a box of HRT that I’ve not had yet. X

Tra5487

Hi all. I was the same. 53. Type 1. Menopausal. Felt like I was on a roller coaster with my blood sugars. High then low. High then low. You get the picture. Anyway was on 37.5mg HRT. Rang Doc. Explained and she was very sympathetic. Upped HRT to 75mg. Wow. Less than a week on higher dose and my blood sugars are so much better. I’m also sleeping better too. Sweats are minimal. Still a grumpy thing but hey you can’t have it all . Go talk to your Doctor or DNS. They are there to help.

Vik312

Hi any advice for menopause please ,I have type 1, have tried hrt but put on 1 and a half st in 6 weeks so stopped it . My bloods are so up and down , estrogen and insulin resistance I think ? I've been type 1 for 42 years.
TIA