1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 and the menopause

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by zippy100h, May 6, 2022.

1. zippy100h

zippy100h Type 1 · Member

Hi ladies I really need some help. My BMs are all over the place, hypos are being a mare. This has all happened since starting the menopause.
    I have started a dual HRT. I just need some advice on how to keep on top of this. I live on a insulin pump too.
    Have any of you beautiful ladies had the same struggles and how did you cope.
    It's one hell of a bloody minefield

• Hug Hug x 4
  2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hello @zippy100h I am in the same boat but not on HRT so just managing the highs as and when they hit with bolus corrections, apart from that I don't have any other useful advice, it's not easy waters to navigate, but just have to take it day by day, it doesn't help as getting night flushes which are waking me up too, and I love my sleep !

• Hug Hug x 2
  3. conniecar

conniecar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Me too. Wake up hot in the night and unless I do a scan I’m sometimes wondering if it’s a low or a hot sweat. I often have to correct too. I’ve spoken to my GP who just shrugged and gave me a box of HRT that I’ve not had yet. X

4. Tra5487

Tra5487 · Newbie

Hi all. I was the same. 53. Type 1. Menopausal. Felt like I was on a roller coaster with my blood sugars. High then low. High then low. You get the picture. Anyway was on 37.5mg HRT. Rang Doc. Explained and she was very sympathetic. Upped HRT to 75mg. Wow. Less than a week on higher dose and my blood sugars are so much better. I’m also sleeping better too. Sweats are minimal. Still a grumpy thing but hey you can’t have it all . Go talk to your Doctor or DNS. They are there to help.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook