Type 1: Complications has yours improved or gone

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi its rather embarrassing but 4 years ago i developed ED literally out the blue it just happened one day literally just out of the blue otherwise i never experienced any symptoms or anything before i was fine then recently i devloped a stomach problem with digestion symptoms are very similar to gastroparesis except i dont have the sick feeling my sugar has never been perfect but they my hba1c were 6-7 most time untill i developed stomach issues they my hba1 has gone to 8,8 9,0 has anyone ever had complications and did yours ever improve with tight control and did it takes years?.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, I was misdiagnosed as T2 over seven years ago. Before that I was told to go on a low fat diet and what would be termed prediabetic, of course a complete wrong diagnosis.
After a huge fight to get myself a correct diagnosis, in 2013, finally, I found an endocrinologist who knew what was going on.
At that point I was seventeen stone and in real poor health.
I had NAFL, liver and kidney function problems, mental issues, hypers, hypos, hypertension, hyperinsulinaemia, hyperglycaemia and so on. I would be dead now, if not for my endocrinologist. No other GP, or my first endocrinologist had a clue!

I've lost over five stone, my health is truly brilliant, no issues except my weird pancreas, which is controlled by a very low carb diet.

I work very hard, full time, never stop, my life is back and I'm living it to the full.

You will find my story in my blog, which can be read by clicking on my blog, the link is the middle one below.

Reactions: Robinredbreast