Type 1 Diabetes Is Ruining My Life

Kappa999

Ever since when i was a 5 years old,I always dreamed joining the Army,i would keep a toy gun in my hand and pretend i would shoot enemies.But later,2 years ago in the high school i got diagnosed with this...horrible illness,mostly because of stress that raised up my blood sugar(i have to say that i am not healthy mentally,i am a psychopath,but a high-functioning one) and it is already ruining my life.My dream Is GONE,i can no longer apply for joining the army.Also not only this,but the fact that i cant eat much of what i like is annoying,i dont like diabetes diet...
Usually,my blood sugar is good,i had my HbA1c at 5.5 which is pretty good.But to be honest,i have to test it and get the insulin every 4 hours a day which is derranging me...i feel like i have almost no time for that.
On the other hand,is the society,i have never had friends(except a few in kindergarten and in the primary class,but now i dont know about them anymore) and i kept distance from the world.Now it is harder.I sometimes feel like im inferior to the society,and sometimes feel like i am superior.I dont know what is happening in my mind!And there are many other things linked to diabetes that are destroying me psychically.
If there is any thing that could cure me and other people suffering from this HORRIBLE illness(Im talking about surgery,medications,nanotechnologies,magic etc.) or if there is a genius scientist that thinks diabetes can be curred,Please HELP US!Scientists and research doctors nowadays seem to lack interest in finding a cure for diabetes(all types),we are underappreciated.
Thank you!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Kappa999 there is currently no cure, but people are trying.
Type1 does not mean you cannot eat sweet things.
Yes, sadly an army career is out now, but you still have time to figure out another plan.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Even if you were to be cured of the diabetes, the army would not want to have a psychopath in its ranks - even a high functioning one. It is, I'm afraid, just one of those things - all the things you mention about yourself are the exact opposite of the characteristics sought by the forces.
I have lived in several places where there are high concentrations of soldiers, sailors and also the Air Army and RAF - it was not unusual to see people in uniform in the supermarket picking up whole shopping lists of things to take back to their mates on duty - my dad was Air Force, and never fired a shot in anger, it wasn't his job - but he would stay up all night working on a plane so he was sure that it was safe for his crew to fly it.
I wonder if you have any skills or aptitude which might direct you to some other line of work?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kappa999 ,

Welcome to the forum.

What you are describing in your post sounds like a standard teenager's mindset as one develops into an adult? It won't just be the diabetes talking. Hormonal activity are an enemy too..
At that stage we challenge life's "rule book" in a bid to make a mark on the world. Sometimes these decisions on how the "rebellion" is started can be detrimental to your future prospects?

Instead of a gun, maybe use a pen? Write & raise awareness for diabetes & fight for others with your condition.
Or shoot with a camera? film vlogs & document which in turn could help others..

New powers, new responsibility.

Choose wisely & good luck!

J>

Kappa999

Even if you were to be cured of the diabetes, the army would not want to have a psychopath in its ranks - even a high functioning one. It is, I'm afraid, just one of those things - all the things you mention about yourself are the exact opposite of the characteristics sought by the forces.
I have lived in several places where there are high concentrations of soldiers, sailors and also the Air Army and RAF - it was not unusual to see people in uniform in the supermarket picking up whole shopping lists of things to take back to their mates on duty - my dad was Air Force, and never fired a shot in anger, it wasn't his job - but he would stay up all night working on a plane so he was sure that it was safe for his crew to fly it.
I wonder if you have any skills or aptitude which might direct you to some other line of work?
Well,i am deciding about a carreer in medicine or engineering.Yet it is not as good as serving the military.

D

Deleted member 308541

Well,i am deciding about a carreer in medicine or engineering.Yet it is not as good as serving the military.
You will not get shot at though in medicine or engineering, remember it is not funny being on the receiving end of a bullet in your body.

Kappa999

You will not get shot at though in medicine or engineering, remember it is not funny being on the receiving end of a bullet in your body.
I know,i know.But these are just my other options.I could have worked as a Naval Electronics and Telecommunications engineer in the Army,there is a Navy Academy that offers both civil and military services.Can i still work on the civil part?