Imperial

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have Type 1 diabetes.

Just watched this video:

--

It recommends 1,000IU of Vitamin D every day if you live above a certain latitude to help prevent or manage T1 diabetes.

I have 10,000IU Vitamin D3, the advice on the label is not to take 10,000IU of Vitamin D3 every day.

Anyone have any expericce of Vitamin D/D3?

Thanks

trefall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ya, I watched this one too and it is interesting for possible prevention but I don't think it gets us any closer to curing once the disease has progressed.

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Took vitamin d, d3 and plenty of sun every day, claims that this diet reversed type 1 diabetes, i proved them wrong.

trefall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
NMR, As I mentioned, I don't think Vitamin D, of any type, will cure Type 1. The theory that does seem to give at least some possible causation is that adequate Vitamin D can prevent it. At least in the Americas I have seen, over the last 20 years, the majority of kids staying inside in their younger years (playing video games) instead of going outside. This could have some connection to the increased incidence of Type 1.
Also, diet is the key (as of right now) to lower insulin requirements. If a person sits around (or even jogs) but eats pure processed foods and carbs, sugars etc., it doesn't matter what you do, your sugar will never be controlled.
One might say, 'You can get control with a transplant!' In my thinking what does one gain with a transplant? Nothing other than dietary freedom because you'll still be taking immuno-suppressants for life. My $.02