1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Diabetic, CBD oil, thumbs up.

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by MoonSpirit, Mar 30, 2021.

1. MoonSpirit

MoonSpirit Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Have given CBD oil a try. I’m pleased with the results so far.
    Been using for 2 weeks now, twice a day (Morning and Before bed).
    For me It has lowered my BC levels to the point I’ve been able to make a small reduction in my insulin intake
    (I’m assuming CBD reduces inflammation which in turn reduces insulin resistance?)
    I’m a pretty laid back sort of dude, so can’t claim to have noticed any significant other effects for taking CBD, like relaxing and improved sleep, maybe I sleep a bit better but I can’t say it’s significantly different, I always sleep quite well anyway.

I ordered the 10% full spectrum CBD (they were offering buy one get one free) mail order from Jersey Hemp.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

I have used CBD oil for 5 years since cancer diagnosis. It’s kept me good as my hubby died suddenly at 51. Bloods are good but my anxiety level should have knocked me flat and I have remained calm and healthy since starting it.
    I also use CBD balm for aches and pains and that is so eyeing that is better than any voltarol! Hugely expensive but you use so little of it. It’s also a lovely moisturiser.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. StewM

StewM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What do you mean by “BC levels”?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook