Type 1 & Liver Cirrhosis

neilSavage

Diagnosed with LC Jan 2018 and T1 June 2019 following rupture of Esophageal varice. Ongoing complications that I know not of the origin, be it the LC or the T1.
Severe pain in upper arms and shoulders, recent huge abscess near collar bone, referred to Cardiothoracic Surgeon for ongoing investigation as infection spread to bone tissue. Antibiotics have aided the immediate problem, but would be interested to hear from people with similar symptoms.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Welcome to the forum,

Sorry to hear this @neilSavage Sounds awful, I haven't come across this before on the forum and don't have anything to say other than can you keep us updated and let us know how you get on ?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diagnosed with LC Jan 2018 and T1 June 2019 following rupture of Esophageal varice. Ongoing complications that I know not of the origin, be it the LC or the T1.
Severe pain in upper arms and shoulders, recent huge abscess near collar bone, referred to Cardiothoracic Surgeon for ongoing investigation as infection spread to bone tissue. Antibiotics have aided the immediate problem, but would be interested to hear from people with similar symptoms.
Sorry that you have such pain. I have frozen shoulder pain that is keeping me awake at night but at least I have a diagnosis for the cause and a clinical route forwards.
I was interested to read of the higher prevalence of LC/Nafld in type ones and also discovered a variant of this which is often under diagnosed apparently called glycemic heptopathy
https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/36/1/e6
There is no mention in here of your particular symptoms but do you think there's a connection between the LC , T1 and the abcess?