Type 1: Sensations in lips when low

diabetic0312

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Slightly random question but does anyone get a tingling sensation in their lips when they blood sugar is low? Or a tingling sensation anywhere else?

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
yes, it is common and when first diagnosed one of the first warning signs as I remember

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I've had that sometimes - occasionally with a slightly numb tongue as well, which makes makes me poke it out which looks a little daft.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mine used to be more of a numb feeling around my mouth, but that was along time ago.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @diabetic0312. Most definitely had the tingly lips.:)
Have you had the trembling eye thing yet? It's the one where no matter what you look at it seems to keep moving from side to side in a shaky sort of way.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@diabetic0312 I get the tingly lip thing too. And if I'm going mega-low mega-quickly (which hasn't happened since I started on a pump, but I used to do that a lot!) I get a strange clicky sound in my ears. Really odd!

These days, with far fewer lows than I used to have, my first hypo warning symptom is an awareness that I'm talking absolute rubbish. Fortunately it is something I am able to recognise myself - heaven help the people I'm talking to at the time, though.....!

:)

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes! I get a pale line around my lips too and when I was younger my mum used to know I was hypo before I did because of it!

I think it must be because our lips are a particularly sensitive part of the body - bad news for hypos but good for kissing :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I called my numbness, numb around the gills lol

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes! I get a pale line around my lips too and when I was younger my mum used to know I was hypo before I did because of it!
When my husband tells me I've got a white moustache (and not from drinking a glass of milk untidily) it means I'm going low.

:p