Type 1 Weight loss surgery

JackoType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
My names Steve been a type 1 diabetic for 15 years been very well controlled until I got discharged from my local hospital and back to seeing the diabetic nurse at my GP that’s when she changed my Insulin and that’s when my weight gain started dramatically! I have now got to the point where I’m awaiting my operation for weight loss surgery (bypass) and my
Feelings are all over the place due to this not actually being my fault I know most people say this but it’s so true it’s frustrating!! I now feel I don’t have many options left and the operation going to change my life! I play rugby and train 4 times a week also a boxer and go to the gym when I have spare time, 2 young children.
I was hoping someone with type 1 diabetes can speak up if they have gone through this operation and tell me how it’s gone for them (made there diabetes better/worse and any experiences they may have faced along the way) I’m struggling to find any type 1s locally it’s all mainly type 2 please feel free to ask any other questions

Kind regards
Steve