Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

SpikeThacker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
when i first got diagnosed i was 12.9 ,that was 1-4-2014......
feeling a bit smug now as my results yesterday were 6.8

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Today 7.5% (58.5) down from 8.0% (63.9) in April. Still not great but a little more on track. Lowest since diagnosis was 7.0% (53), but at expense of too many severe hypos. Still aiming for balanced < 7.0%.

On plus side lipids, kidney and liver panels are all OK. Next month eye and neuropathy checks. Fingers crossed!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
6.4 yesterday - well chuffed

Reactions: 2 people

craig81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3 months on the pump, and mine has come down to 5.8%, with very few hypos. Absolutely delighted with it. The pump is hard work but the flexibility it provides is fantastic. Beats 21 years of MDI hands down.

XIX

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.6% from about a month ago. My next one's going to be double that as I've just come back from a six week holiday...>.>

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just got mine back from drs and am over the moon. It's 65, down from 85 6 months ago and 105 6 months before that. It's all due to a much more LCHF diet than I ever used to. I always had very brittle control and am sooo happy that I am getting better. Next aim is 50. Then I will be happy. I'll never be one of the amazing ones but I'll settle for good

Reactions: 6 people

Y3MBailey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Latest was 7.2 but have been ill recently and had some fluctuating blood sugars as a result. My aim is to get ti below 7 before xmas as well as lose at least a stone and a half.

Khanh Nam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting BG at 8 am is always above 7. Two hours after lunch with reasonable food intake it is quite good, at around 4.5. Don't know the reason why.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
78 or 9.3% four weeks ago and hoping it'll be dropping .. LCHF and exx. Started out at 118 / 13% in June when diagnosed.

It's so lovely every time it goes down!

Hoping to get to 42 / 6%.

LADA, 55, LCHF and exercise, no meds for now.

daisy222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I' m Lada on insulin still in honeymoon .Before insulin in april 8.9 %, last week 6.1% .So proud of myself :)

Reactions: 2 people

Tron2112

Type of diabetes
Type 2
T2 diagnosed Jan 2013.

Last HbA1c 5 August - 44

Though a pretty good result, I'm not happy as my last two bi-annual reads were 40.

My weight has gone up by about 10lbs in eight months. My waking reads are also on the rise. I need to crack down on this now before I'm back up to 16.5 stone and very unhealthy!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

StormyDog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine has dropped from 59% to 39% in 3 months.
I no longer eat bread/pasta or rice and I'm very strict on chocolate sweets and bakery.

Don't know how long I can maintain this level of self control but at leases I've kept myself off diabetic medication for now.

I've been given statin but don't want to stay on them if I can reduce my cholesterol by diet.

I know that I will need drugs one day and I have no issue with those who are prescribed but I have personal reasons why I don't want to take them.

clarehayward

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
just had mine done. it's gone from 54 to 47. I am so pleased. I've already forgotten what that is in "old money" and am trying, after 33 years, to just go with this new counting.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
New personal best at 5.6 (38) - down from 5.9 (41) :)

Having been stuck around 5.9-6.0 for the last couple of years, I think this is down to Tresiba

Reactions: 5 people