Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Wetherelt

My levels Are all over the place at the moment.I have two elderly parents age 87yrs. One diagnosed with Alzheimer's and the other with vascular dementia now in a home,where the care standards are not acceptable.i work in care myself and know.constantly complaining and trying to get them moved. I am so stressed my levels are not very good at the mo

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi Just had my latest result is now gone down to 50 or 6.7, p;eased with that

Reactions: 4 people

Lozj82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got mine today, 7.1% (or 54), a little disappointed as wanted below 7% but its an improvement (8.9% - March, 7.5% June, 7.1% now - maybe next time)

Reactions: 2 people

NicolaN

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: What are your H test results?

I am also on steriods - I take them daily. When I'm ill (I have another long term illness) I need to increase the dosage.. It really messes up my bloods no matter how hard I try to add corrections. My Hba1c was 9.1. I got an insulin pump this week and already my daily readings are lower. I'm aiming for a reduction in November.Fibgers crossed!!

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
55 :) I can't help feeling a little disappointed although in the grand scheme of things and taking everything else into consideration...it's a good result...just a little more work to do me thinks

November 2014 - 85 (9.9%)
March 2015 - 69 (8.5%)
September 2015 - 55 (7.2%)

Reactions: 8 people

James_Donnelly

Just got my results through the post today.

All good at the moment.

Would like to get it down a bit closer to 30 but I'm guessing that will be tough as I've had it 11 months now so I'm guessing it's going to start creeping up a little more now.

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Result in September was 8.5, not good as gone up. Given 3 months by my DN to see if I can bring it down or maybe have to increase my glipizide from 5mg to 10. Trying hard. A few slips already.

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Apologies, just seen posted above on wrong forum. Apologies again.

Teddysmum

52 last week, after 49 in July with a target of 48.
I had been rather naughty, until July, over doing the sweeties when under stress, but having been quite good since, so am now disappointed.

I've been type 2 for 6 years, but , until July,was not given readings; just told all was fine.

My big problem is exercise as I used to take the dogs for good walks or use the Wii 'Step to the Beat' game on cold wet days, but with my multiple disc problems,even going round the block is now painful or uncomfortable at best.