Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Cassandra13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just got my A1C done for the first time in a year. I was avoiding it because I knew my control was bad... but I am back at it and not hiding from it anymore..... November 12th = A1C 10.0%

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Find I cannot run too tight a control as hypo warnings reduce. However last one ok at 7.6. Can anyone advise re cholesterol levels ?
I'm unsure which levels are most important?' Teacher123 'you have mentioned this. I take Statin but terrible aching / painful joints. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Great figures,teacher123, my doc said the same ....err we need you a bit higher say 6.5 mmols , i left laughing like a drain

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2% as of this morning, my only complication in 27 years is one microaneurysm in my right eye, hopefully i'll kick that ******* to the curb and get rid of it.

Best way to manage diabetes for me is become more OCD with it, then i can do what i want in moderation.

Reactions: 2 people

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
7.1 yesterday down since using pump, although warned it would be higher first time. So quite pleased.

badgerb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Loud People
My last was 6% which is ok but my fasting big is always in 7 to 8 mmlol and takes Anaheim to come down after food. On low carbs etc eat very healthy but worried

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had hba1c test few days ago was 5.9%. I'm happy with that. June 3rd it was 13+.

jodysd6

I just got a 6.5% which is my lowest ever, I am crediting using a libre and LCHF changes I have made in the last few months, previously I have had a 6.9% with libre but not trying as hard with LCHF but before that was always between 8-11% so I am so pleased with how much more in control I feel now!

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm
Thank you.. I'm still new to this and that doesn't seem too bad ?
No medication yet just a low carb diet and I can rarely get my overnight fasting readings below 7
. I'm still learning, everyone is different. I'm type 2, what are you? Once I hit 5.5 or 5 I usually go hypo but several times when Im in 6's I go shaky. I'm usually in high 6's or 7's in mornings I'm still learning. I've learnt a great deal from the people on this form, good luck

Ranau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I dont really understand these measurements yet. Diagnosed last week 6.91 blood test after fasting then the doc gave me glucose and told me to come back in two hours. I asked if I could have breakfast, he said ok then when I went back it was 13.1. Is this test accurate? He put me on meds, Diamicron 80 but after 4 doses it made me nausious and dizzy. Was I now hypo? Another test this morning..watch this space