Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Tom Green

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm
. I'm still learning, everyone is different. I'm type 2, what are you? Once I hit 5.5 or 5 I usually go hypo but several times when Im in 6's I go shaky. I'm usually in high 6's or 7's in mornings I'm still learning. I've learnt a great deal from the people on this form, good luck
What is your Hba1C? It sounds like those are your test readings.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm
. I'm still learning, everyone is different. I'm type 2, what are you? Once I hit 5.5 or 5 I usually go hypo but several times when Im in 6's I go shaky. I'm usually in high 6's or 7's in mornings I'm still learning. I've learnt a great deal from the people on this form, good luck
Type 2 too. I was referred to hospital with abnormal liver readings and subsequently diagnosed with metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Low carb definitely makes me feel better and I've lost weight and returned liver readings to normal.
I'd have never known I was diabetic as I've never experienced any of the symptoms.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Type 2 too. I was referred to hospital with abnormal liver readings and subsequently diagnosed with metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Low carb definitely makes me feel better and I've lost weight and returned liver readings to normal.
I'd have never known I was diabetic as I've never experienced any of the symptoms.
Well good luck. Glad your feeling better

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
My last one was 10.3 and Dr has written that I am not fit to drive! I am so peeved off as when it was between 7 & 8 I WAS having hypos a lot which are far worse. Just feel like throwing in the towel with diabetes now. For the record, I am Type 1 !!!!!!

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My last one was 10.3 and Dr has written that I am not fit to drive! I am so peeved off as when it was between 7 & 8 I WAS having hypos a lot which are far worse. Just feel like throwing in the towel with diabetes now. For the record, I am Type 1 !!!!!!

Don't throw in the towel, it is a head **** no doubt, please persevere and you'll reap the benefits.

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah well i done 27 years and my morning averages at 9mmol, my doc said this morning to call back in three weeks if i'm still having trouble correcting my morning highs. Oh it's always causing problems, if i hit the gym again the highs will turn into nocturnal hypos, so it is chasing ya tail a bit.

TomB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine HbA1c for years have been steady at 6,0 mmol/l.
I am a diabetic type 1 for 50 years. My age: 67.

Reactions: 6 people

ldowns

Im Type 2 last year when diagnosed my Hba1c was 11.6 2 I was put on 4 x 500mg metformin, i have since lost 4 1/2 stone and do 20 hours of exercise per month including triathlon training and insanity bootcamp, 2 months ago it was 2.0 or 36 so my metformin was halved to 2 per day, I am still experiencing dizzy / pale / sweaty spells where I almost lose consciousness I am back for the Hba1c test again next month and from that result will review if I need meds or not This is all still new to me but have gone to being really ill prior to diagnosis to feeling excellent and fit to the last few months feeling really ill again not sure what I can do more to help myself

ldowns

Im Type 2 last year when diagnosed my Hba1c was 11.6 2 I was put on 4 x 500mg metformin, i have since lost 4 1/2 stone and do 20 hours of exercise per month including triathlon training and insanity bootcamp, 2 months ago it was 2.0 or 36 so my metformin was halved to 2 per day, I am still experiencing dizzy / pale / sweaty spells where I almost lose consciousness I am back for the Hba1c test again next month and from that result will review if I need meds or not This is all still new to me but have gone to being really ill prior to diagnosis to feeling excellent and fit to the last few months feeling really ill again not sure what I can do more to help myself
Im 56 btw, female

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Yeah well i done 27 years and my morning averages at 9mmol, my doc said this morning to call back in three weeks if i'm still having trouble correcting my morning highs. Oh it's always causing problems, if i hit the gym again the highs will turn into nocturnal hypos, so it is chasing ya tail a bit.

Hi there,
Buy yourself a copy of Ginger Vieira's book : "Your diabetes science experiment " - it will help you regain control of your BGs post exercise, etc.

Best wishes,
Conrad

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Mine HbA1c for years have been steady at 6,0 mmol/l.
I am a diabetic type 1 for 50 years. My age: 67.

well done to you :) 50 year milestone you should be proud of that,all the best for the future

Reactions: 4 people

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,
Buy yourself a copy of Ginger Vieira's book : "Your diabetes science experiment " - it will help you regain control of your BGs post exercise, etc.

Best wishes,
Conrad

Hi Conrad, thanks for the direction i'll check that out.

Regards
Chris

Lisa_bubbles_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm just wondering if anyone can help me . I've only been diagnosed about a month so I'm new to all this .
I'm experiencing an uncomfortable feeling in the back of my legs . It's like I've been on my feet all day and my legs ache . It's becoming more frequently aswell . If I take some ibuprofen it seems to ease for a while .
Any thoughts would be great. Many thanks in advance .

Ejay40

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, Egotists, Olives!
Down from 7.5% to 6.5% in 3 months, my nurse and GP are thrilled that LCHF is working, and I've lost 12lbs since this time last year without doing without!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
my was Hb1ac 5.9 3 months ago (was 8.1 ) hoping next one will be under 6 again when I have it tested next week. I am type 2 and on insulin 3 x nova rapid before meals, 1 Lantus before bed, could not tolerate metformin hence the insulin best thing I ever did, I also eat most things exept sugar but I do regulate my insulin with different doses, depending what I have to eat,carbs etc. and I have never felt better.

Last edited by a moderator: