Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

New_Type_2

Ignore my username, lots happened since then. Diagnosed with an hba1c in late March of 143, last week it was 46. Not bad i suppose but it has been 4 and a half months. I’m terrified of gaining even more weight, 2 stone in less than 4 weeks from diagnosis. I haven’t looked in the mirror for three months, so I’ve done this on a low carb diet and just take 14 units of basal in the morning. Struggling with motivation and no weight loss.

Pauly B

I have been t1d since 1993, so 25 years in and was in denial for a number of them. I had a maculopathy scare last year which, along with having two young kids, has made me start taking this more seriously. Thankfully whatever showed on the scan has disappeared but at least it made me improve my care. I have just had a test result and down to 64 from 80 in 6 months. I am proud of myself and going to have a beer and a curry tonight and then get straight back to lower carbs. But the hard work has only just begun.

I am on levemir (x1) and novorapid (normally 3-4, sometimes 5-6). The only problem I have is overnight. I often wake up to a reading of 8-12, no matter what I do! I do think I have dawn phenomenon and I am going on a DAFNE course equivalent in October and want to learn more about splitting the lev. The rest of the day is plain sailing, so if I can just conquer the bit when I am snoring I think I will be laughing. Any tips welcome!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
:cat::borg::cat:

5CA4255A-2520-4C77-A36E-2E3E44659D76.jpeg

Reactions: static192

Gpad

I've been around the 50's and 60's for probably the past decade. My first appointment since starting Libre in February and it's down to 44, my lowest ever.

jordanhood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't had mine below 70 in nearly 10 years, my first appointment since starting the Libre in April and my HbA1c was 49. Safe to say there were a lot of tears in the doctors room today, the relief and emotion of putting so much effort into something and finally seeing an improvement.

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went from 56 to 49 in 3 month! So pleased! Cut carbs right down and lowered my portions so I don't spike as much as I used too!

James_Donnelly

Got measured a couple months ago and was 52. Too high for my liking. Although I had not been as good as I used to be with the care I was taking. Doing better last couple months though and think I should be back in to the 40s now if I was measured. Goal is to get back in the 30s. When I got measured a few years ago after having the condition for a year I was at 34, which was actually lower than my non diabetic doctor and he wanted me to get it up a bit haha

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
54 today :) slowly but surely going down

t1d08

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got my results which was 6.9, I am happy.

In July 2018 I was 8.5 and November 2017 I was 8.0. It’s feels great to get a good number! My goal for Dec is to score 5.9 or below below I now started a vegetarian diet I also plan on losing 3-5 pounds, so I think that will help God willing.

Gamze49

my last one a couple of months ago was 7.5, thats my 1st HbA1c I have done. I hope the next is ok also but i had a bit of poor control after an incident, but its getting a bit better again now.

I am still on novamix, and im going to try and change that to get even better control and I hope more flexability
Hey mine is 12.8

Gamze49

Hey i am new here and kinda lost but its okay i found this question so wasnt by the doctor for 6 months now and i think my hba1c is like 12 or 13 and i dont really feel good

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Mine is now 46 thanks to the libre, in April it was 75. Slowly i'm getting there! Retinopathy and slightly leaking kidneys reversed, what a relief.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What's you daily carb intake on the low carb diet in grams?

I don't count carbs so not so sure, I just don't eat the usual bread pasta potatoes fruit etc. Probably around 30 - 40g as I eat lots of vegetables and also ketone was negative at the recnt test