Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had it done again today and was sitting at 45 or 6.3%.
Stayed exactly the same since February 2015. Probably won't have it done for another 6 or so months so will see if I can make some more improvements before then.

DeanLJ

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosis 3 weeks ago was 115, hoping to make a big dent in that number by the time I'm tested again in September.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
8.1% today since I came off the pump and back on to MDI just six weeks ago, so about half the 90 day period that Hba1c measures. Down from a high of 11-12% on the pump that I just couldn't break. I thought I was never going to get my HBA1c to go down, or stop rising, it's been rising for years despite everything. After a full 90 days it should be even lower.

Bethaniiee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mine is 14+ or 130+ in the new numbers. The highest on the scale! I can't face life at the moment:(

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You're welcome. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask, we are a helpful bunch :)

katieeeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To be honest I just find it really hard to control it :( I can't control my sugars at all and I find it really hard to inject because I am petrified of needles

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no you poor thing, I really feel for you. I will tag @daisy1 to post you some great information to read through. I am only a Type 2 but Im sure there will be some Type 1's who will be able to give you some advice in regard to injecting.

Reactions: 2 people

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
8.1% today since I came off the pump and back on to MDI just six weeks ago, so about half the 90 day period that Hba1c measures. Down from a high of 11-12% on the pump that I just couldn't break. I thought I was never going to get my HBA1c to go down, or stop rising, it's been rising for years despite everything. After a full 90 days it should be even lower.

Holy smokes Spiker - sorry to hear that.

Have they tried you on anything like metformin, just in case you've developed a touch of T2 as well?