Type 1 Work issue

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone for your continued replies and support, I was pulled aside by my office manager again on Friday to say they are still looking into a resolution and asked me again what I thought could be done about it. I said I have no idea and to be honest It’s not my issue to resolve, I told her I am sticking to my guns and want to continue to test at my own desk, so we shall see what happens this morning it’s really stressful and I’m new to the company just feel sad as I’ve never had a problem for the last 10 yrs at work
What about asking if the co worker would agree to you warning them so they can look away?

Reactions: KK123

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
What about asking if the co worker would agree to you warning them so they can look away?

I agree that that is the obvious solution but cynically wonder whether the co-worker will wish to remain anonymous....

Reactions: KK123

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I work with two Type 1 who both test and inject in the office and no one (absolutely no one) has a problem with it. I understand the need to respect others peoples sensitivities and some people are uncomfortable with injections but this is their issue, to be respected, but not your problem. You don't have a problem, you have a medical need. They have the problem, your manager has a problem :) you don't have a problem, you aren't a problem. Lots of luck and power educating them so they can see it as it is, tough work but good work.

Reactions: KesLouise