Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

derryr05

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 14.4 before bed... slightly adjusted my basal dose as I have noticed a trend in high sugars before breakfast and woke with 4.8 this morning :) so far so good!

Reactions: 2 people

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8 before bed last night, 4.6 this morning... It was gardening this weekend!

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 before bed and 4.8 this morning with steady high 5s overnight. Somethings working!

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
5.8 last night before bed
but 9.8 this morning - back to the basal drawing board :rolleyes:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
5.1 before bed last night having had a gym night. 80% basal for 5 hours of sleep plus a 10g pre bed snack and I woke at 6.5. That'll do nicely for an exercise night.

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm 6 before bed so had a malted milk and slice of cheese before bed to ward if the 3am dip. 8.2 this morning but a bit high over night. Might try just a fatty snack tonight!

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
7.0 last night 3.8@1am
Didn't feel great at 3am 9.1 (feel high sugars at this level now during night gave 1u correction 8.9 this morning!! How!!?? How!! Lol X

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.7 going to bed, with 1u correction. At 1:30 it was 2.9 so had dextrose tablets & oj. At 4:30 it was 3.2, dextrose tablets. At 6am it was 2.2.

But I had kept my lower basal rate (which worked perfectly the night before, when I had exercised) & I didn't even do any exercise yesterday. & I love sleep.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
perfect 5.8 before bed last night -- no snack
woke to a 8.3 this morning :(

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.6 going to bed, with even less basal than the night before (was having 12, now on 9).

It still did exactly the same as the night before: 2.5 at 01:30, lots of oj, 2.5 at 04:30, more oj. 2.6 waking. The orange juice did work, it did go up to 6, it just falls right back down again.

So I guess I try 8 tonight then. Silly game.

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
8.0 last night, still some IOB 4.1 this morning started off well, but have had a +30% basal most of the day as I have had a sore throat

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4 going to bed. 6.4 waking. Sound good right? Haha nope. It was basically at 10 all night long & I woke up at 1:30 to do a correction instead. So 8 is way too low for my basal.

iHs

6.4 going to bed. 6.4 waking. Sound good right? Haha nope. It was basically at 10 all night long & I woke up at 1:30 to do a correction instead. So 8 is way too low for my basal.

Until you get a pump, How about injecting a bit more basal but alter it's affect on how it controls yr bg overnight by eating something like a good slice of cheese about half inch thick with a good tsp of sweet pickle but dont bolus for it. The pickle will give the rise to bg and the cheese will keep it a bit more even with any luck. Also, try to allow all the bolus for yr evening meal to finish it's acting time before going to bed if possible as that can spill over to cause low bg during the night

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
5.8 before bed but 10.6 this morning:(