Type 1'stars R Us

D

Deleted member 308541

I think she wants to let me go because “your low blood sugars are happening too often”.
That's another way of saying you are unreliable, and I bet you will not get any more hours to work so you leave with out any comeback on the employer.

I got rid of casual employees this way by cutting their hours right back, so they left on their own accord.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, hope you've all weathered storm Brendan safely - and he's still hanging around today so stay safe. Wasn't much joy taking the dog for a walk yesterday evening, at least I timed it in between downpours.

Changed sensor last night, woke to a scan of 9.9 on the up, BG of 10.6 and a 2nd scan of 10.1 - I can live with the accuracy, being in the 10's I'm putting down to a carb free high protein/fat evening meal which I cautiously dosed for. Now sitting happy at 4.7 on the level.

@karen8967 hope the DSN gets back to you today. Maybe you can try another tubey pump - has to be worth a go?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning from a VERY wet and windy South Wales
Bloods behaving until around an hour ago and climbed to 12 BUT have 2.8 units IOB...will give it another hour before blousing!!

@karen8967 fingers crossed your DSN will get in touch today. Have to agree with @slip maybe a "tubey" pump may work better as there is a lot more canulla choice

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, hope you've all weathered storm Brendan safely - and he's still hanging around today so stay safe. Wasn't much joy taking the dog for a walk yesterday evening, at least I timed it in between downpours.

Changed sensor last night, woke to a scan of 9.9 on the up, BG of 10.6 and a 2nd scan of 10.1 - I can live with the accuracy, being in the 10's I'm putting down to a carb free high protein/fat evening meal which I cautiously dosed for. Now sitting happy at 4.7 on the level.

@karen8967 hope the DSN gets back to you today. Maybe you can try another tubey pump - has to be worth a go?
thanks slip x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning from a VERY wet and windy South Wales
Bloods behaving until around an hour ago and climbed to 12 BUT have 2.8 units IOB...will give it another hour before blousing!!

@karen8967 fingers crossed your DSN will get in touch today. Have to agree with @slip maybe a "tubey" pump may work better as there is a lot more canulla choice
thanks porl69 i have just phoned dsn again before, got receptionist again ,she said she will defo get them to call me back has marked it urgent so we will see ....i wont hold my breath numbers steadily rising and ketones of 0.7 at the minute have done a correction dose and took another unit of basal my heads chokka :banghead:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Despite work issues, I’m okay and diabetes is being a good friend right now. So I fed diabetes a vegan chicken and mushroom pie and a banana, :) I am enjoying some time off to rethink employment options. Unfortunately my interview today got cancelled because I took all the relevant documents they listed in the email but they still needed other documents so we agreed to rearrange. But my makeup today looked banging
On Saturday I am at the cafe for a few hours so I guess I can use that money to go home next week. As poor as I am, I am still spoiling my baby cousin because I found a pair of slippers for her and a sloth plushie.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again,

When I called my nurse today in regards to Tresiba, I also mentioned again that I was prescribed novorapid instead of Fiasp. She said she’ll write to the GP again which I think will take a few days before being updated. It is also that the pharmacies around me don’t have Fiasp and online pharmacy take around 72 hours to approve and deliver it. She also added that I can get an emergency vial from the hospital so do I turn up on Friday with my novorapid vial and Fiasp penfills and tell my nurse that I couldn’t get Fiasp vial on time and ask for an emergency hospital prescription?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
do I turn up on Friday with my novorapid vial and Fiasp penfills and tell my nurse that I couldn’t get Fiasp vial on time and ask for an emergency hospital prescription?
Depends on what is worse for you: using Novorapid until you have your Fiasp again or the hassle of getting Fiasp through the hospital.

Reactions: MeiChanski

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, Slight blip in the graph yesterday evening with a high of 15 and I've been doing so well staying in range most of the time with just minor excursions out the target zone recently - but I'll know next time when I have a similar evening.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good afternoon everyone i am no longer a pumper dsn agreed due to cannula problems it wasnt for me did ask about a tubed pump with steel cannulas but she said i was tied in to omnipod for 4 years wether i used it or not (but will ask consultant at my appointment in a few weeks)anyway bloods seem to have settled down to pre pump levels so happy about that i feel better already less stressed so happy days thanks to everyone for your support :)...

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@karen8967 want to hug you for the pump loss and congratulate you for the return to better numbers. What a pain the whole thing has been.

Reactions: karen8967

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good afternoon everyone i am no longer a pumper dsn agreed due to cannula problems it wasnt for me did ask about a tubed pump with steel cannulas but she said i was tied in to omnipod for 4 years wether i used it or not (but will ask consultant at my appointment in a few weeks)anyway bloods seem to have settled down to pre pump levels so happy about that i feel better already less stressed so happy days thanks to everyone for your support :)...

So sorry, Karen. Ive heard some have been able to argue for another pump. I asked my DSN about it, she said that I would need to put forward a very strong case to pick another pump choice. It’s a bit awkward because your omnipod can’t go to another person and you still have that funding. I’m happy you’re less stressed, I hope your next consultant appointment goes well.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

My interview went well today, my interviewer was so sweet, bless her she was trying so hard with her English. I’ve been short listed for another job application and I’ve been offered another interview so I’ll call them tomorrow. My bf and I did a cheeky shop in sainsburys, I finally found the Elmlea vegan double cream. So keto coffee can be extra fab now. Diabetes was a bit stable high, I was cruising between 7.8-10.7 from getting ready to going to my interview and shopping. I managed to get that deal in boots for dextrose tablets - 50 tabs for £2.80. I kept the smaller tubes to fill it up on the go :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear @karen89 , maybe after a few months you might feel like giving at another go. I can't imagine there'd be too much to stop you doing that?

As I'm sure there was a reason you were put forward for the pump, I hope you don't feel between a rock and hard place.

Reactions: Marie 2