Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon!

Thunderstorm just passing through this bit of the world - again. This time currently preventing the second walk of the day as it's a bit too close for comfort to be outside unnecessarily. Yesterday, I was delighted I got all my walking for the day done before it started - the thunder began 5 minutes after I got home. Tomorrow is looking like it will be an energetic housework day in place of walking. Especially if I want to reduce that basal a smidgeon now I'm nearer to "Normal For Japes" walking amounts.

Video calls/student-related work for the week done - it's lovely seeing how they are all beginning to relax into the calls as well as hearing them looking forwards to a September return to college. Here's hoping...

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Misty and damp. DP on the run. Off to do what we now call the lockdown walk shortly. 4 miles over the ever growing wheat fields and through the adjoining village. It is so lovely and rural, but if it was a clear day I could see Leeds city centre from our bedroom window. The best of both worlds, when the world is normal. This afternoon our monthly supermarket order arrives. All that sorting sterilising and quarantining will require a bottle of the included wine when it is done.
Have a good level day all.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_6210.jpg

My new pancreas arrived this morning! Now I just need to tell it what to do...

Reactions: Jaylee and Antje77

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, wet and miserable out and the bathroom floor boards are nearly as flat as they're going to be, libre said I was hypo waking but a fingerstick said I wasn't :p

The prescription post box is open again at the dr's so I popped a long repeat list in yesterday having phoned requests in over the lock down so I was pleased about that. :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, seem to be ridiculously busy right now with all kinds of things that have to be done NOW. Some work, some other things I'm involved in, all taking too much sitting down time. And today, when I might've got into the garden for a while, continuous rain. Hey, still, we need it, maybe I'll just have to get off my a**e and do some housework :eek::grumpy::meh:

Have a good day all whatever you're doing

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It works, my water butt fix works. I’m ridiculously pleased, just hoping it hasn’t ushered in a long rainy season.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
A bit slow and achey today, especially hands and shoulder. Now shall I be all hypochondriacal, or shall I just have another coffee and a slug of water?
Lovely next door neighbour tells me there are this season’s cherries in the shops and she’ll get us some, and I immediately wish grandsons were here so we could set up a cherry stone target in the garden. It’s quite a skill getting distance and direction coordinated.
7.1 on rising, so far three jabs to keep it more or less even, which is just a trifle frustrating as there’s some wholemeal soda bread waiting.
Have a good day all.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all. Bad day for the numbers yesterday BUT have returned to normal(ish) today

@ElenaP I have got Xdrip+ to work with my Watlaa watch now....will go onto my phone and post some screenshots of the settings you need to enter into Xdrip

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
A bit slow and achey today, especially hands and shoulder. Now shall I be all hypochondriacal, or shall I just have another coffee and a slug of water?
Lovely next door neighbour tells me there are this season’s cherries in the shops and she’ll get us some, and I immediately wish grandsons were here so we could set up a cherry stone target in the garden. It’s quite a skill getting distance and direction coordinated.
7.1 on rising, so far three jabs to keep it more or less even, which is just a trifle frustrating as there’s some wholemeal soda bread waiting.
Have a good day all.
hugs for the aches fairygodmother i know how you feel ive got a frozen shoulder at the moment and its a right p.i.t.a:bigtears:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@ElenaP if you use these settings then on the System Status... Forget device then do a Bluetooth scan you should be up and running
Screenshot_20200618_232705_com.eveningoutpost.dexdrip.jpg
Screenshot_20200618_232700_com.eveningoutpost.dexdrip.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, had an outing to the secure field with friend and her dog - the dogs ran and ran, it was a good temperature for them and the rain held off for a while. Somehow I seem to be drowning in paperwork and I don't want to do any of it. Think I'll just play hookey and go out the garden...:playful:

Hope everyone's misbehaving bgs/aches & pains/work you'd rather not be at improve very soon!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Decided to be proactive today and contacted clinic to arrange a phone conversation with a DN. wanted to discuss my on going tiresome issues with Toujeo. Someone rang me within 2 hours and has arranged change to Tresiba. Prescription change should land on the GPs desk sometime next week. If that doesn’t work after a couple of months will then try Levemir. Am pleased I am doing something positive. The constant rises during day but drops overnight are quite frankly exhausting. Having to change doses every couple of weeks just to get decent control, though this week I haven’t been out of range for 3 days now. But that doesn’t really tell the whole picture.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A quiet, damp Saturday morning to everyone. Hope we're all well.
Birds are singing and the loft is silent, no radio Oxford through the ceiling, no men talking and no banging. They don't work at the weekend, luxury. I get to sleep in. It will be finished sometime in the next 4 weeks if all goes to plan.
Madam BG is weird and I'm still trying to work out the control.
3.7 on wake up so indulged in 4 cherries, a real treat but 95mins later up to 7.1!!!!!

Be good, I'm trying but often failing
To quote Samuel Johnson, "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man". I think Hunter S Thompson nicked this.

Last edited:
Reactions: kev-w

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all. Bad day for the numbers yesterday BUT have returned to normal(ish) today

@ElenaP I have got Xdrip+ to work with my Watlaa watch now....will go onto my phone and post some screenshots of the settings you need to enter into Xdrip
That is excellent! I will appreciate seeing the screenshots. Getting the new phone has been unavoidably delayed, though. My husband's health became worse earlier in the week, and then he died yesterday morning (not from Covid). I've been spending time making, and receiving, phone calls to family and friends. Then I will need to find some paperwork.