Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Googling I see the Express have found a WW2 veteran to use for the story. I think they've run with this story before, my google search engine shows a July one.

Delightfully embarrassing for May, though making a mess of things seems to trouble her barely at all, but it might embarrass some CCGs, hopefully.

Yes it’s a shame they didn’t take the time to find someone new to feature, but that’s The Express for you.

Reactions: Alison54321

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it’s a shame they didn’t take the time to find someone new to feature, but that’s The Express for you.

The July story had different case studies, not the WW2 veteran, he's new. But he is a perfect person for an Express story, presses all the right buttons, and then some.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
The July story had different case studies, not the WW2 veteran, he's new. But he is a perfect person for an Express story, presses all the right buttons, and then some.

I haven’t done the research you have Alison, just accepted what you said. In my gut, though, I doubt the story will change CCG policies - feel there are just too many things that’ve had short change since the crash.

Reactions: Alison54321

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast how long have you worked at this company? seems like only yesterday you started and you've already frightened off the supervisor, area manager next?!? :D

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I recall a cartoon where you see a person heading out the door of a acupuncture clinic. And there is a speech bubble coming from inside the clinic reading " I do not drink for 1 hour".
No wonder, with injections over more than 50 years I get so thirsty in hot weather and my clothes get saturated.
I obviously leak lie a sieve !!!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Express does ace weather forecasts :p

Circular illness this, not that long ago I was trying different porridges, insulin change and the problem went but I've chased my a**e a bit lately, settling from the insulin then timing change and hey, porridge and I aren't getting on like we did and I needed a unit for correction today.
Maybe a bit more patience is needed as I wonder just how much shock to my system the basal timing change caused, and how much difference missing a couple of swims has, it certainly keeps one on ones toes :)

Reactions: hh1 and Alison54321

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
The Express does ace weather forecasts :p

Circular illness this, not that long ago I was trying different porridges, insulin change and the problem went but I've chased my a**e a bit lately, settling from the insulin then timing change and hey, porridge and I aren't getting on like we did and I needed a unit for correction today.
Maybe a bit more patience is needed as I wonder just how much shock to my system the basal timing change caused, and how much difference missing a couple of swims has, it certainly keeps one on ones toes :)
You'll get it correct soon.....then, if by magic, it'll go haywire again. Type 1 fairies will strike and alter everything :hilarious::hilarious:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast how long have you worked at this company? seems like only yesterday you started and you've already frightened off the supervisor, area manager next?!? :D

Haha, I thought that too o_O.................. Well all the other companies I worked for are still going, so that's good news :D

Reactions: kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon teabags (I love that. So I nicked it. Sorrynotsorry)!

No alarms in the night, although I had a little rise into the high 8s which came down on its own, so I may need to look at basal rates overnight again. Think I’d turned the volume on my phone down too much or just slept really, really deeply.

Currently on the Megabus to that London, got the front seat on the top deck, which is cool. Quite excited, which showed on my Libre graph, little spike to 8, so had to dose to bring it back down. Happy at 6.1 with 0.3u iob.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

No alarms in the night, although I had a little rise into the high 8s which came down on its own, so I may need to look at basal rates overnight again. Think I’d turned the volume on my phone down too much or just slept really, really deeply.

Currently on the Megabus to that London, got the front seat on the top deck, which is cool. Quite excited, which showed on my Libre graph, little spike to 8, so had to dose to bring it back down. Happy at 6.1 with 0.3u iob.

Have a great day Mel and a safe one too............I love the teabags quote lol :happy:
When my time is up I have already instructed my family to put in a box of teabags, one of my favourite books, (Sanctus ) and family photo's :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m not sure I want to be referred to as a........teabag.......:)
It just doesn’t sound quite right or is it just my ( odd ) imagination.
“ Hey, look that guy over there. He’s a teabag! “

Reactions: karen8967

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just visited the Facebook UK Libre uses page, and saw people talking about insulin neuritis. Apparently they had been running high for so long, that when they started using Libre, and reduced their blood sugars, they started getting pain in their limbs.

Apparently it's only temporary. but sometimes I feel I've heard everything about what can happen with diabetes, and then I find I haven't.

It's good that with libre they are getting their blood sugars down, as they must have had quite some nerve damage, and at least there is the opportunity for improvement now.

I do think though that the main argument for libre must be that it just makes it so much easier to stay in range. But of course there is no data on how long people spent in range prior to libre, because it couldn't be measured.

Surely that libre can measure time in target range must be the most important reason of all for giving people access to it

A DSN active on twitter said she was looking at results with libre, and found that the people who tested most tended to spend most time in range, so it must be obvious that because libre offers as many tests as you want to do a day,. that that beats 8 test strips a day.

It's so frustrating.

Reactions: karen8967

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

Have a good march Mel :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Have a great day Mel and a safe one too............I love the teabags quote lol :happy:
When my time is up I have already instructed my family to put in a box of teabags, one of my favourite books, (Sanctus ) and family photo's :)
I actually have a pack of Glengettie Welsh blend teabags to give my host for the weekend, she got hooked when she came to visit us for the first time. Typhoon is just a gateway drug. @helensaramay - waving as I pass your motorway junction!
I just visited the Facebook UK Libre uses page, and saw people talking about insulin neuritis. Apparently they had been running high for so long, that when they started using Libre, and reduced their blood sugars, they started getting pain in their limbs.

Apparently it's only temporary. but sometimes I feel I've heard everything about what can happen with diabetes, and then I find I haven't.

It's good that with libre they are getting their blood sugars down, as they must have had quite some nerve damage, and at least there is the opportunity for improvement now.

I do think though that the main argument for libre must be that it just makes it so much easier to stay in range. But of course there is no data on how long people spent in range prior to libre, because it couldn't be measured.

Surely that libre can measure time in target range must be the most important reason of all for giving people access to it

A DSN active on twitter said she was looking at results with libre, and found that the people who tested most tended to spend most time in range, so it must be obvious that because libre offers as many tests as you want to do a day,. that that beats 8 test strips a day.

It's so frustrating.
I’ve had a fair bit of limb pain (and of course the recent issue with my eyes) since getting Libre and decent levels. I had no idea it was an official thing. My feet are hurting again, like they did on the way to going numb, so I’m hoping that’s a sign of nerve regeneration.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I actually have a pack of Glengettie Welsh blend teabags to give my host for the weekend, she got hooked when she came to visit us for the first time. Typhoon is just a gateway drug. @helensaramay - waving as I pass your motorway junction!

It's so frustrating.
I’ve had a fair bit of limb pain (and of course the recent issue with my eyes) since getting Libre and decent levels. I had no idea it was an official thing. My feet are hurting again, like they did on the way to going numb, so I’m hoping that’s a sign of nerve regeneration.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Well, if it has an "official" name that must mean that those nerves will regenerate, which will be extremely good news.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

So at the start of the day is it "Morning coffee grounds"? I hope you have a great ride and do not suffer with travel sickness. Riding in public transport for long hours is going to affect one's BSL compared to the everyday routine, I would expect!! Travelling is also a good way to either succeed in Sodoku or be driven insane!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got in from work and knocked me flaming sensor off ive only had it on a week quuck phone call to abbott and a little white lie and they are sending me a replacement .im lucky as i still have one spare while waiting enjoy the rest of the day everyone lively warm sunshine here today