Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Welcome @Jazz97 to the less serious side of the forum.

As for virtual gym, well that is the game Dead Space and I will be in orbit around Aegis VII on the ship Ishimura dealing with Necromorphs, Google it :) it's a game I have played upwards of 10plus times and it still scares the bejeezus out of me :hilarious:

No idea what you said, but still quite interesting :D

Reactions: porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To me this is the “Type 1 warts and all thread”. It’s the warts which make it realist and the all that makes it less serious.
And, @therower, I am not calling you a wart ...

.... Dare we say it. "Human" then? :D

Oddly, I wrote a song called warts & all... I can neither post it, due to rules regarding "promotion," nor the fact it has one expletive in the chorus. :hilarious:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah - I always feel I can't really offer advice to T2's 'cos I am out of my area with that, but with T1 I feel I understand and I might be able to help.
and vice versa - I’m T2 diet controlled interloper so cannot advise on T1 but am beginning to understand its complexities from reading the posts here.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can't be an Interloper Daphne you live in my neck of the woods ;)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hi Daphne, and welcome
waving.gif

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Daphne917 . It’s great having you on this thread.
My only concern is your avatar!!!!!!!!!!
Cats in a burger????:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:.
Where did you find the image? Is it symbolic in any way?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Dinner was yummy. Seitan steaks, jacket spuds and vegeballs that were sweet potato with chopped spring onion, with a dollop of mango chutney in the middle, and we had onion gravy. We are stuffed, and need to just sit and chill in front of the telly for a while :D

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had a most lovely lunch out and catch up with a former work colleague today. But, dearie me, rice doesn't half send me off the top end of the scale. Or it may have been the utterly delicious small slice of homemade Bakewell Tart with a couple of scoops of ice cream! Whichever, it was all more than worth it - I just drank loads of water on the train home, did a quick correction dose, an hour's walk and all's good again before a small supper.

Welcome to the thread @Jazz97 ! Probably one of the most helpful places, I've found. It took me a while to join in, as I felt I'd be a bit of an interloper having been diagnosed initially as T2 before the LADA diagnosis (Which is, in me, definitely more T1 than not - as far as my clinic is concerned that's exactly how they treat me and there's no doubt in any of our minds it's insulin all the way now - and there are far, far fewer occasions when my pancreas decides to wake up for a bit before giving up again. It's in a giving up mode at the moment) but, I definitely feel quite at home amongst this lot now, along with a reasonable understanding of T2!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Going to watch The Bridge on the River Kwai now, love a good war film and with Alec Guinness too :happy:

Having visited The Bridge over the River Kwai and walked Hellfire Pass just a few weeks ago, I must rewatch the film some time.

Neither attraction (bridge or railway cutting) were joyous places, but very, very thought provoking indeed, only trumped by the War Cemetary at Kanchanaburi.

Bearing on mind, I would estimate that in at least 95% of these grave, the fallen soldier is under 25.

upload_2019-4-27_20-8-20.png

Anyone who says war is good has never experienced anything like this. Our time there was spent in virtual silence and in tears. Tragic.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Having visited The Bridge over the River Kwai and walked Hellfire Pass just a few weeks ago, I must rewatch the film some time.

Neither attraction (bridge or railway cutting) were joyous places, but very, very thought provoking indeed, only trumped by the War Cemetary at Kanchanaburi.

Bearing on mind, I would estimate that in at least 95% of these grave, the fallen soldier is under 25.

View attachment 32598

Anyone who says war is good has never experienced anything like this. Our time there was spent in virtual silence and in tears. Tragic.

War's are never, ever good and the average age of a soldier that died in the Vietnam war was just 19.

Re-watch the film, the actor's played their part.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Daphne917 . It’s great having you on this thread.
My only concern is your avatar!!!!!!!!!!
Cats in a burger????:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:.
Where did you find the image? Is it symbolic in any way?
@therower its nice to be here. I think I found the avatar on this forum not long after I joined and, as I have 2 cats and like burgers, it seemed to fit - although the bread roll is probably too ‘carby’ for me so I don’t have them very often.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
War's are never, ever good and the average age of a soldier that died in the Vietnam war was just 19.

One of my proudest memories is being part of the anti Vietnam war demonstration in Grosvenor Square.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

One of my proudest memories is being part of the anti Vietnam war demonstration in Grosvenor Square. If it’s war film time, watch Apocalypse Now too.

Reactions: WuTwo and Knikki