Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a new chapter in your life Karen, I know it's easy to say try not to be nervous, but it's a very exciting time so see if you can convert all your nerves to excitement ;) Take a note pad to write stuff down though, might be information overload, are they starting you on saline or insulin ?
im not to sure to be honest juicyj :)

Reactions: porl69

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Turns out the morning high was just xDrip being led astray and rather out of calibration. A little elevated at lunchtime but certainly not the double figures it was previously suggesting. Sensor is starting to near end of life so it may just be starting to 'drift'.

Lunch was a prawn sub sandwich and a strong mug of tea. Delicious!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am back on the land of the living, I was 9.0 this afternoon, bang on dafne guidelines :hilarious: How is everyone? It's been raining and the sky looks as miserable as my diabetic control. My bf did buy chocolate cake, I guess it's one way of luring every diabetic out of their nest.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Diakat - that's a great result! Well done

partyanimals.gif

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Aaaand my HbA1c result is in......,,,,37. Very happy.
Very nice, and right you are to be happy!
Hope I'll be close to that when I get my first hba1c in a year next month, and hopefully without the hypo lecture as well. My Libres tend to read a bit low, so the graphs look pretty dramatic some days...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Fairly amusing day at school today, a few members in each class that could teach tropical skin diseases a thing or two about being irritating... steady bloods, however. Which goes to show that even though some of these kids could give an aspirin a headache, they’re not *actually* stressing me out. Always nice to know. Fire alarm was set off three times by demob-happy year elevens finishing their GCSEs, I got called to help out with a minor head injury, and I believe the police were called for something or other. All in all, a fairly typical day :D

On the home front, my cats are being lazier than ever, my own year 11 has finished his GCSEs, and I’m having a prawn and avocado salad for dinner. And a bottle of Rioja.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It was worth staying late at work tonight to break the back of the paperwork mountain in peace and tranquility, but not worth the mid-afternoon whirling dervish I had to turn into to sort out numerous people issues which were mounting up around me. (The official plan had been I was going to break down the paperwork mountain whilst everyone else was student-minding. Yeah, right...)

I'm feeling significantly better after food, well-behaved bloods (I'm also pleased whilst it's been a horrible week in many ways since the new pen of Novorapid the bloods have been well behaved. - stressful it has been, but not impacting on blood sugars stressful) and all household chores out of the way for a clear weekend of slumping in a heap until my energy levels return properly

Reactions: hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a bit of a chill day whilst giving my bf the death stare because the amount of cleaning that needs doing before tomorrow. My brother and his new bf will be visiting us sooooooooooooo cleaning is a 2 man job :hilarious: My rage cleaning did amp up my BG, which I'm not surprised. 9.0 to 13.5 :arghh:
Got appointments to attend soon and my mind is all over the place, I am still practising prebolusing and it hasn't quite smoothed out my spikes. I don't know whether it is still worth asking about the pump. I feel like there are people who need it more than me, but my case is also quite serious with what has happened in the past and I can't keep dropping out of university because of it. I don't have the libre anymore to confirm if my nocturnal hypos have stopped, but I'm not waking up on a hypo. In my mind I could have hypoed and the liver did something and I wake up on a good BG. Catching hypos hasn't improved, I'm still finding myself treating it at 2.0-2.6. I want to live an independent life where I can control it better to start a family, to finish university, to start driving and to have a job. But I feel I can't have all of those things if I'm having an erratic diabetic control. In other words, I want to sort myself out and feel 100%. I rely on my bf a lot to take me to places, financially as well and I feel bad because I want to help him too. :banghead:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another loooong day but it wasn’t a bad one. I had a couple of good meetings and a couple of interesting phone calls.
Then the day was topped off with a can of Puffintears which must be one of the best names for a beer and some mochis because they looked interesting when we went to the Chinese supermarket to buy some dim sum for tea.

It’s now The Weekend!
Hope it’s a good one.
I love the red bean mochis and dim sum :hungry:
Even tastier with bubble tea, but it's not as authentic as dimsum and milk teas in Hong Kong. :arghh:

Reactions: Kim Possible

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
We got up at a totally dreadful time of day for no other reason than husband woke up suddenly and completely, and accidentally woke Tutti up. She decided it must be getting up time and pounced on me and she was so happy and pleased with herself that what could I say or do?

So here it is, not even 6.00 a.m. on a Saturday and the whole house is up! Well I say that but both dogs have settled down for a nice nap on the sofa - "our work here is done ....." :angelic:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
Madam D plummeted to 2.8 yesterday, no real awareness but OK coz I'd invested in Jelly Babies and overindulged
Silly, annoyingly high this dull Saturday morning 11.7, gave it a slap in the belly and hope I've got it right. Loads to do today, shredder still needed, fat balls for the birds, food for the humans. I've got a Thai friend coming to stay so I'm going to make Vietnamese mussels!!