Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I caught my sensor on the edge on the table and I forgot the adhesive is pretty tough - ouchie I think anymore pressure, it would have forcefully ripped off my arm. :eek:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
5.8 this morning which I am very pleased with because I am in the middle of a bout of cystitis and did the online consultation with my GP. Waiting for him to phone today. I have no spleen and don't fight infection very well at all (very low white blood count because of the spleen and the other drugs I take). In the meantime cranberry juice is us!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you a Diabetes-Gangnam style day. it's a sunny start to the day too.
Awoke on a nice 6.5, after a 2.4 hypo last night, daughter spotted it, took charge and her boyfriend was there and he hadn't seen me with a hypo before, so was asking questions and was really interested. Daughter tested bf's blood and he was fantastic 4.5, he kept saying is it going to hurt and was quite nervous ( this is someone who wants a pilot's licence and is often high above the clouds, he loves Spitfires too) only 22 years old.
Getting ready for work, so have a great Monday folks :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
5.8 this morning which I am very pleased with because I am in the middle of a bout of cystitis and did the online consultation with my GP. Waiting for him to phone today. I have no spleen and don't fight infection very well at all (very low white blood count because of the spleen and the other drugs I take). In the meantime cranberry juice is us!

I have never suffered from cystitis, but from what I know, it's quite painful, hope it clears up soon ((((((((((hug)))))))

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
So do I! I've had it once before and for some reason once you've had it, you're more likely to get it again. Oh joy!

It'll go, and at least I got to do an interesting meditation lead by Andy Hobson last night on pain. It was extremely good, and I may well do it again tonight. I use Insight Timer (app) and there are a lot of good guides/teachers on there. Can be very helpful indeed.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

Ouch, uncomfortable! Commiserations

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, a beautiful start to the day, sunshine, birds chirping and my neighbor revving up her old mini several times before driving off to work. The noise did wake me up
11.1 for me this morning, either lady days are on it’s way or tresiba needs tweaking - I was 5.6 last night :eek:

Reactions: WuTwo and karen8967

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_1560760514.438702.jpg
@helensaramay
This one is very good but would probably have far more in it than she would need. Annoyingly so many of the ones hubby picked out are no longer in print. A trip to an RSPB place/book shop may be useful if you want to look at some. Sorry couldn’t be more helpful.

Reactions: Kim Possible

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Remember when I said I could see some type 1 diabetics getting into trouble with their consultant for inaccurate libre readings? I think I'll be one of them. 18.1 on libre, I thought lets see what the finger says - 14.5. It is a bit high from 11.1 after food, but 18.1 is a bit dramatic. :hilarious: Libre can't fool me :rolleyes:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski that is one of the reason I like Glimp... because I can calibrate the readings from the sensor and plot the finger prick readings on the graph.
This is my latest Glimp graph.
It is a bit high overnight due to my cough. But..
The pale pink line is the raw Libre value, the red line is the calibrated value and the dots are finger prick values.
The orange line is the average which I use most to tweak my pump settings.
Unfortunately, this does not upload to Diasend which my diabetes team use but I have worked out how to get the csv file to send to them which they seem to be happy with.

View attachment 33722
I don't have an android :(
Spike, Glimp and there was another one I can't remember the name of - xdrip? I could possibly nick my bf's phone to do it but it seems problematic to upload info from his phone to the hospital - I thought libreview was quite simple and it has my notes on there for inaccurate readings.
I remember Nightscout is available, but I have to read up more on it.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Just on the way home from Anglesey, husband just nipped into a charity shop to get a book while I deal with a mild low. Woke up at 5.2 and didn’t get the foot on the floor I had anticipated, I think it’s just work days. Hey ho.

@helensaramay - try eBay or abebooks.co.uk to get a bird boom that’s out of print. I often buy second hand books in very good condition from both.

Reactions: karen8967