1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Well, that was the last day of the school run, the school has decided to shut the school because of the intense heat. I received a gift from pupil's mum, it was so lovely of her, I will be thinking of her during the holiday's.
    Weather report says it's going to be up to 36/37 c tomorrow, that is hot, hot, hot.

• Like Like x 5
  2. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Now come on fellow pumpers/teabags you have to either please stop moaning about the hot weather, or send some of it up to Haggisland. Its a tad cool here at around 21 degrees and a bit dull. Not even slightly jealous:angelic::angelic::angelic:

• Like Like x 4
  3. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

*heads north to haggisland*

I hate heat. Makes me feel terrible, and not is a diabetes way. I’ve always been like it! I go on holiday to places like Norway :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Omg, that's even funnier :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I'd be surprised if there was any duty, when both countries are EU?

6. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Jay, you could start doing a Big D variant on the Booze Cruise; particularly whilst we're still in the EU.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol, back in the old days, logistically I could have done a Libre run whilst I was on tour dapped up to Holland, done a few dates & come back quids in.... ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Your apologies are accepted and appreciated, at least by me. Not for the video you posted, as I chose to not watch it because I expected I wouldn't find it funny, but for the earlier post you made:
    I'm fat, 'well endowed' (to my regret) and I can't stand clothes that try to sqeeze or strangle me.
    So should I choose to visit a gym and do the things you're supposed to do in a gym, everything would kind of bounce, blubber and jump in all directions for everyone to see.
    While I'm happy you're bg turned out not affected by such a sight, for us fat and bouncy people it's hard to do a public work out knowing that people look at you and find it funny, or worse. It's not the people laughing in your face that make it the hardest, as they're simply ******** so who cares. It's knowing people get home and tell their friends about 'this fat woman working out with her ***** hitting her ears' and having a laugh about it.
    To my thinking the woman you saw was pretty brave.

Personally, I don't do the gym, but I love swimming. Walking around in a swimming pool with your body for everyone to see is not especially fun when not happy with your body and having been made fun about enough to be quite self conscious. I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't do the things they'd like to do because the stares and the heard thoughts, real or imaginary, have simply become too much to face.

So yes, I very much appreciate your apology. For one, I realized that I'm not exactly innocent, as yes, I have a laugh about people too sometimes, and what I felt when reading your post reminded me to try to do better in the future.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #18888 Antje77, Jul 24, 2019 at 6:54 PM
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  9. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Aw, @helensaramay , I meant to include the part where I obviously know you didn't mean wrong, but I forgot!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yep totally agree, garbanzos, yummy

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

When I was in the Netherlands, it was 9-10 euros for a drugstore shampoo and in Germany it was 2 euros for the same shampoo. Even I was shocked :hilarious:
    Best of luck to you, I mean we could all take a trip to France? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My bf ordered takeout and diabetes is currently smooth sailing until food is here. :hilarious:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't even know it was possible to pay that much for shampoo...

14. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@helensaramay . I apologise but I’ve tried to find your post where you saw a fat woman at the gym. The one that I feel @Antje77 is referring to.
    A lot of people would comment on Linford Christie being well endowed but you’d struggle to find anyone who could honestly call him fat.
    Let’s not assume too much and draw conclusions for self satisfaction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

.... Probably because the of moderation to reserve the the sensibilities of the body conscious..?

If you & I were showering after some sporty thing or another, I'm sure (out of decency.) you wouldn't comment that I could give the respected Mr Christie a run for his money...

With the greatest respect.
    Move on.... ;)

16. therower

Sorry @Jaylee . Judging people purely on physical features and making comments that are detrimental, nasty, racist, uncalled for, sexist, are, I agree wrong.
    But we shouldn’t allow a physical feature to be introduced to a post when it didn’t exist originally.
    Why are we assuming that a well endowed woman is fat?
    Yes I could move on but let’s point it out now before someone makes the assumption that fat people are predisposed to being diabetic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't refer to a fat woman in the gym, I referred shortly to a well endowed woman in the gym and proceeded to talk about myself, as I have no idea what the woman in the gym looked like, except big breasted with no bra.
    It was about body shaming.

18. therower

???????

19. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

You obviously missed this part:
    And this part:
    As far as I know there is a difference between 'this' and 'such a'.

I'm not sure what your problem is with my post but I'm done with this stupid bickering. I feel quite stupid about the urge to prove I didn't write what you said I did as it is so I'll leave it at this.

• Hug Hug x 1
  20. therower

@Antje77 . I am rather upset that you fail to see my concerns with what was posted.
    I am even more upset you see it as stupid bickering.
    Yes I will leave it here, happy with the answers and responses I’ve had which have given me more insight.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook