Type 2 and Cushing's Syndrome - anyone else?

jtodter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello - I'm brand new to this community but from what I'm reading, am very happy to have found it and this info. I'm 65, semi-retired now. About 6 months ago I was referred to an endo after a CT scan showed a lesion on my left adrenal gland. After a lot of tests and another CT, am about to have that adrenal removed. The endo also told me I'd "finally" crossed the line from pre- to T2 diabetes but we agreed on no meds for now, and a lot of diet and movement/exercise changes. So, got the FitBit, some more (but not enough) walking despite a painful dicky knee, no sugars other than a minute, token amount of raw honey in hot drinks, vastly reduced carbs, etc etc...and I gained 9 kg in 6 weeks. The doc told me until the adrenal lesion is gone, therefore reducing the vast over-production of cortisone and aldosterone, I shouldn't be astounded at this rapid weight gain. Easy for her to say - gahhh! And, post-surgery, I could see weight loss and, perhaps, a remission of the T2.

Does anyone else have Cushing's as well as T2? How are you managing it? Any post-op advice or info?

Reactions: catarinagallo

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Hello @jtodter - I don't have Cushing's so can't gie any support here but want to welcome you to the forum xx

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome @jtodter
if you type "cushing" into the search box at the top of the forum page there are a few pages of threads referring to it..might be useful.