1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 and weight watchers

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by spage, Jan 8, 2018.

1. spage

spage LADA · Well-Known Member

I joined weight watchers for first time late week I’ve basically sortedlunch and dinner and getting good numbers I’m now just trying to sort breakfast as it’s usually between 10-11. I have oats so simple sachet porridge no sugar or anything with 180ml milk. Is there any other breakfast that are as filling but nice to eat as I do enjoy breakfast time

Simplicity it key as busy mummy mornings before work

Thanks in advance

2. ixi1429

ixi1429 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

I had Scrambled eggs (2eggs) with Cheese and spring onion this morning - relative low carb. I grated and chop the cheese last night and I scramble the eggs in the microwave.

Other mornings I have Full fat Greek Yoghurt and blueberries/strawberries (about 150g combined weight)- higher carbs then scrambeld eggs but nice. I tend to wash and chop the berries and weigh the yoghurt the night before

On a weekend IF I have breakfast, as I sometimes miss it, I'll have a fry up - eggs, bacon, mushrooms - On a weekend time is not in as short supply.

I am not sure how these will fit with Weight watchers.

David

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Oats and milk are quite carby hence your higher numbers at breakfast unfortunately. I eat coconut ‘porridge’ it’s not real porridge so it’s low carb. (around 4g per serving) I eat it with strawberries and cream. It has six ingredients, you just chuck them all in a saucepan and stir over a low heat, just takes a few minutes and is delicious and filling. Here’s the recipe:
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook