Type 2 and working in London still

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
I’m just asking this on behalf of my husband as I am really concerned .All this advice regarding social distancing and the like regarding people with health conditions .How do you stand if you work in London delivering with type 2 when they’re telling you to basically stay at home ? Can you therefore just tell your company that you can no longer work and what would happen about pay ? He has got two weeks holiday to take from the weekend which is good and after that the firm have said he’ll be on a three day week for a while which limits his exposure I suppose but its very worrying Any advice ?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A worrying time, indeed for many. @chelseathrunthru
london based too.

As delivering i'd expect a step back from the door, would create that social distancing, maybe
some other practical solutions, depending on jobs etc
if unable get a mask, perhaps checkout the Chinese who went all blue peter,
and made their own...may provide some kind of sense of security.
teamed up with a snood or neck tube i doubt that would look too odd over the coming days and weeks

others are on youtube for those more skilled re sewing etc

As to work paying if off.., i'd say unlikely.
Boris has left us all in mid air, stay home, don't go to pubs, but the pubs stays open,
it all seems contradictory at best.

i wonder if he's waiting for businesses to close themselves due to economic reasons, so he hasn't got to make the hard calls.:rolleyes:

i don't have a good answer, maybe Rishi Rich tomorrow can let us know how he is going to help people.

so as of now, if hubby stops work, no pay i guess, unless self isolating, but safer
but if the don't stop us working, gets paid but more risk of people spreading the virus, less safe

i do expect the numbers to shock boris, once again as the game changes one more time, so unexpectedly :rolleyes:
and lock down of London to be on the cards soon...amazed how many other countries seem to have this strategy SO wrong..or do they ?

seems like a lose / lose for London and it's people.
stay open and many will still mingle., so it spreads faster.

and the more it spreads here, the more will flee the capital, as they did in Spain, Italy, etc i guess.
so not good for anyone in the uk.:sorry:

Good luck :)