Type 2 Breakfast timing?

xtessa1x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @xtessa1x

It is essential you test after meals otherwise you are wasting your time testing. You need to know which foods are causing these high levels and you need to keep a food diary including portion sizes to help with this. Test before and again 2 hours after first bite. Look at the difference and try to keep it as low as possible. Under 1.5mmol/l is ideal, and under 2mmol/l is OK but not perfect.

Can you give us some idea of what you typically eat in a day? Maybe we can spot something that may help you get those numbers down
Reakfast 9 mmol Omelette made with bacon peppers dairy-free milk

Lunch 7.7 mmol ( one of my lowest) piri-piri chicken roasted vegetables 178 grams of jacket potato

Dinnertime blood 10.5. Mmol chicken salad and like I said I was told not to have good afternoon

my bedtime blood 9.3

Eat loads of veg chicken some fish . Btw don't know if this is relevant on my bloods but had pancreatitis and had surgery to remove a cyst from it when i was 23 been pre-diabetic since and diagnosed as type 2 in 2013

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of that food looks fine to me apart from the jacket potato. Some people can manage the odd small potato without too big a rise, but you would only know if this is causing you problems by testing after eating. (1 and 2 hours after first bite) Jacket spuds and mash are worse than boiled new potatoes because they have "mushed" down, releasing more starch. It is the same principle as fruit juice and fruit smoothies - much worse than fresh fruit. If I were you I would knock the jacket spud off your menu.

I take it these levels are your pre-meal ones? That jacket potato may well have been the reason your pre-dinner level was so high.

I can't comment on the pancreatitis because I know nothing about it, but hopefully someone with knowledge will be along.