Type 2 Diet controlled

Morsal

I’m failing miserably with my diet. I live with my husband who has a very sweet tooth and keeps offering me sweet things. I also live with my adult son who is type 1. He can take insulin to settle his blood sugars. I’ve written about this before but have had no response. I feel like not bothering at the moment and just eat what I want. My blood test was cancelled in March due to the current situation. I was given 6 months grace after being threatened with tablets. My Hba1c was going in the right direction and now I think it might be going up again.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you testing before and after eating? You could show him the results?

Look up keto fat bombs. You might find something you fancy.

Divorce?

Reactions: HSSS

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m failing miserably with my diet. I live with my husband who has a very sweet tooth and keeps offering me sweet things. I also live with my adult son who is type 1. He can take insulin to settle his blood sugars. I’ve written about this before but have had no response. I feel like not bothering at the moment and just eat what I want. My blood test was cancelled in March due to the current situation. I was given 6 months grace after being threatened with tablets. My Hba1c was going in the right direction and now I think it might be going up again.
Hello @Morsal ,
I can't find the post you're referring to... I think maybe something went wrong somewhere. I'm sorry you felt unsupported here, after finding little support at home. Maybe have a sit-down with your husband and son, and tell them that while your son can inject for what he eats, the sugar you're being offered is killing you. Use such STRONG terms, even if you're not going to drop dead from a bit of carbs tomorrow. My inlaws kept trying to feed me stuff that was bad for me, and after a few "I thought you liked me?" 's they clued in that if they were going to feed me anything, it'd better be nuts. ;) I explained a few times that sugar was basically poison to me, as are all carbs pretty much, and yeah... That conversation had to be repeated.

You have to choose yourself here. If they love you, they'll support you (That's another stick to bash them over the head with: "Do you love me? Then stop trying to kill me!"). It's a bit over the top, but hey, if nothing else is working...

https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- might help. And if they absolutely want to offer you food/snacks, make requests. Extra dark chocolate, pecans, walnuts, olives, pork scratchings... Stuff that won't up your blood sugar levels and still satisfies their need to stuff you. ;)

It's hard to stand up for yourself, but it seems like you'll have to. Bizarre, in a household so intimately familiar with diabetes... Even if T1 and T2 don't resemble one another in treatment... You'd hope for a little more sensitivity.

Good luck, and hugs!
Jo

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some great advice above. Get tough with them. Use emotions as well as facts to convince them to take their sugar poison elsewhere.

I am assuming the “diet” you are struggling with is LCHF?

Or are you attempting hunger inducing, not necessarily blood sugar reducing, low calorie? If so no wonder you cave to their sabotage, because that is what it is.