type 2 hypo?

Disneyfan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm type 2 diagnosed a year. Taken off metformin due to good control in March. Felt really shaky and odd when I got in from work ... tested 0.9?! tested different finger with strip from new pack, 0.9 again. Can that really be true?

Ate a banana and a bag of crisps, a minature green and blacks choc bar and I'm at 5.9 now. Can that really happen?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Are you on anything else apart from metformin ? Gliclazide or similar ? Those number are really low. Good job you tested. Had you just exercised or anything ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
A serious hypo like that with no meds indicates something else I seem to remember - I would go to see your GP ASAP and be careful

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

Disneyfan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i've actually got an appointment for an hba1c test tomorrow so i'll mention in to the nurse. thanks

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
As Neil says, that shouldn't happen. Take his advice and speak to a doctor. Good luck and let us know how you get on !

Disneyfan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
finally saw a GP today

She thinks I'm just not eating enough - has asked me to see the dietician - I've not seen her before, not sure if she's a trainee or what, but was the only appointment I could get this week.

I had readings between 0.9 and 1.9 3 days last week, always around 5pm, but things seem to have settled this week. Hba1c came back at 31, which I understand is good (5% in old money) - her words were I've reversed my diabetes over the year since diagnosis. If you bear in mind my diagnosis reading was over 100, last October it was 36. My weight has reduced from 16 stone to 10 stone 5 in twelve months but she thinks I'm fixated on food! hmm. Came out of the Drs in tears ... not a great experience all round!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Disneyfan said:
finally saw a GP today

She thinks I'm just not eating enough - has asked me to see the dietician - I've not seen her before, not sure if she's a trainee or what, but was the only appointment I could get this week.

I had readings between 0.9 and 1.9 3 days last week, always around 5pm, but things seem to have settled this week. Hba1c came back at 31, which I understand is good (5% in old money) - her words were I've reversed my diabetes over the year since diagnosis. If you bear in mind my diagnosis reading was over 100, last October it was 36. My weight has reduced from 16 stone to 10 stone 5 in twelve months but she thinks I'm fixated on food! hmm. Came out of the Drs in tears ... not a great experience all round!

Your GP needs a kick up the ar*e and you need a Platinum Medal for losing 5.5 stone in ONE year! Well bl**dy done YOU! Dry your eyes and stop worrying about your GP's opinions of you. Your health is important, not what he or she thinks of you. Refuse to see her again on the grounds that she's not a positive influence on you! :clap: Well done YOU!

Disneyfan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
GraceK said:
Disneyfan said:
finally saw a GP today

Your GP needs a kick up the ar*e and you need a Platinum Medal for losing 5.5 stone in ONE year! Well bl**dy done YOU! Dry your eyes and stop worrying about your GP's opinions of you. Your health is important, not what he or she thinks of you. Refuse to see her again on the grounds that she's not a positive influence on you! :clap: Well done YOU!

thank you so much for that comment ... I really did feel like I'd been told off ... but you've made me smile, thank you again :D

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
Well done you but heed the advice and eat something in the afternoon to avoid the low something as simple as a natural yogurt might be all you need to improve the situation.

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

sarahg0810

OMG!!! To lose that much weight is absolutely amazing!!! I've only lost a stone in the last five months since diagnosis and I am in awe of your achievement!!! Your GP needs a kick in the pants!!!!! Please take heart in the fact that you have done do much in a relatively short space of time!!! I hope i can do as well!!!! Well done you!!! Xx